[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

I misread them as 4-komas, those are still not included anyway.
Well done Sentai, well done. 8 episodes between seasons 1 and 2. The movie is episodes 7 and 8 of the season 2 OVAs, and there are three OVAs (so far) after the movie. No-one will be able to follow what’s happening with almost half the show missing. They shouldn’t have bothered if the OVAs aren’t available.

It's the beginning of the month down under, which means Madman and Funimation AU's January 2020 slate is out:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 3 (Eps 27-39)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 3 (Eps 27-39) (Blu-Ray)
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Blu-Ray)
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Arrow of the Orion
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Arrow of the Orion (Blu-Ray)
Kill La Kill Complete Series
Kill La Kill Complete Series (Blu-Ray)

Angels of Death Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Complete Series + Ova (Blu-Ray)
Goblin Slayer Season 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Goblin Slayer Season 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Complete Series (Eps 1-12) DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
Radiant Part 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Restaurant to Another World Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 2 (Eps 29-56) Steel Book (Blu-Ray)

d5I6nTn.gif

7th January:
A Certain Magical Index III: Part 2 (A)
Berserk (2016-17 series): Complete Series (A/B)
Black Clover: Season 2 Part 2 (A/B)
Dagashi Kashi 2: Complete Series [Essentials] (A)
ENDRO!: Complete Series (A/B)
Hinomaru Sumo: Part 1
Space Dandy: Complete Seasons 1-2 [Classics] (A/B)
Spice & Wolf: Complete Seasons 1-2 [Classics] (A/B)
Yu Yu Hakusho: Complete Season 3 [LE Steelbook] (A/B)
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA: Complete Season 1 [LE & Standard] (A/B)

14th January:
Clockwork Planet: Complete Series [Essentials]
Dragon Ball Super: Part 10 (A)
GAMERS!: Complete Series [Essentials] (A/B)
Knight's & Magic: Complete Series [Essentials]
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka: Complete Series (A)

21st January:
Alice and Zoroku: Complete Series [Essentials]
D-Frag!: Complete Series [Essentials] (A/B)
The Morose Mononokean II: Complete Series (A/B)

28th January:
Boogiepop and Others: Complete Series (A)
Concrete Revolutio: Complete Series [Essentials] (A/B)
Saiyuki Reload Burst: Complete Series [Essentials]
SSSS.GRIDMAN: Complete Series [LE & Standard] (A/B)
Tsugumono: Complete Series [Essentials] (A)​

Sentai Filmworks January 2020 Slate

New Titles:

The Girl in Twilight - $59.98 - Blu-ray - 7th January (No English Dub)
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation; Japanese Promo

The Price of Smiles - $59.98 - Blu-ray - 14th January (No English Dub)
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Tsurune - $69.98 - Blu-ray - 28th January
Extras: OVA "For Better or Worse"; Japanese Promos (x4); Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Tsurune (Limited Edition) - $99.98 - Blu-ray - 28th January
Includes 88-Page Booklet, Club Journal Cards, Mini Poster.
Extras: OVA "For Better or Worse"; Japanese Promos (x4); Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Steelbook Re-release:

Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls - $99.98 - Blu-ray - 21st January
Extras: Monster Shorts (x60); Music Videos (x2); Japanese TV Spots; Japanese Promos; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

No Game, No Life - $99.98 - Blu-ray - 21st January
Includes main series and No Game, No Life Zero
Extras: No Game, No Life Shorts (x6); Character Commentaries (x6); Japanese Commercials (x10); Japanese Promos (x3); Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

One Piece English dub is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B

To provide context, the main series hasn't had a new release in a while. They finished (or almost) releasing the Fisherman Island arc (the first major story arc in the New World saga) and there have been rumors that Punk Hazard arc dubbing was already completed. Funimation haven't exactly given up on the franchise since they had been focusing on the TV Specials and recent films on Blu-ray as of late.
  • Films: Gold, Stampede
  • TV Specials: Heart of Gold, 3D2Y, Adventure of Nebulandia, Episode of East Blue, Episode of Sabo, Episode of Skypiea
On another note, it's been confirmed that Johnny Yong Bosh will be taking over as the voice of Sabo.

Hope that means UK releases will resume. It’s been almost a year since the last one.
Yeah Manga Ent. has 3 Collection sets left to essentially catch up. Honestly they should have put out the TV specials and films to make up for the long wait but then again they haven't even bothered with GOLD.

I still want Manga to make use of Funimation and get Toei Europe to allow them to have the streaming rights to OP & DBZ for Funimation Now UK.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, Oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhh----------
This is just about the last series I expected France-not-liking-physical-releases-all-that-much-France to pull out for a physical release. (it is one, is it? They are saying authoring is in the works, this is not just wishful daydreaming, is it?)

How were dybex' most recent releases like again? S;G's artbook is great, but given the limited-but-not-labomen box went onto sale for 30€ the other day, they probably didn't sell all of the 1000 (ish it was?) copies even until now.
SSY also doesn't have even remotely that much artwork. The jp singles were chiefly just having the cover artwork, a lineart version of it and the OST CDs. (And those are OOP now and JP still has no complete box.)

(But dybex certainly did choose a very inconspicious screenshot for a first promotion....)

How were dybex' most recent releases like again?
Delayed, multiple times :D

Iirc they had picture quality issues with Hellsing Ultimate, missing extras with Escaflowne and missing dubs with most of their newer titles (but guess you won't care about that). But their packaging is still nice.

Hellsing PQ is fine.
If you're referring to vick review, he mostly points out the fact that some of the old episodes looks meh (since they're upscales). His opinion is otherwise quite harsh because he was pissed of the multiple delays. There's no real apparent flaws or criticism beside.
I've checked most of the releases authored by Jordi Farro (new authorer for Dybex) and they are much better than what they were doing previously. Looking at their last sets, Lain and Blame are very good for example.
I don't know how FMA2003 will do (I don't like FMA anyway so won't buy) but I'm fairly sure the person in charge of that was the old staff, not him.

Escaflowne release is a mess tho. They put Selecta Vision in charge of doing everything (boxset+authoring) and that didn't turn out well. But that was the only time they did such thing. They're unlikely to do it again I suppose.

Last edited:
Back