[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Was thinking we wouldn't hear about new Discotek stuff until Otakon after they skipped over their usual time period each month to announce a new slate.

Very happy that we're finally getting Blood Spray of Goemon, I've put off watching the fansub version waiting for the eventual Discotek release and now that wait is close to an end.

Was thinking we wouldn't hear about new Discotek stuff until Otakon after they skipped over their usual time period each month to announce a new slate.

Very happy that we're finally getting Blood Spray of Goemon, I've put off watching the fansub version waiting for the eventual Discotek release and now that wait is close to an end.
They have said they still have loads to announce. And now finally my copy for twelve kingdoms has shipped.

Madman and Funimation AU November 2019 releases:
Madman:
Assassination Classroom Complete Season 2
Assassination Classroom Complete Season 2 (Blu-Ray)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 1 (Eps 1-13)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 2 (Eps 14-26 + Ova)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 2 (Eps 14-26 + Ova) (Blu-Ray)
Cells at Work! Complete Season 1 (Eps 1-13 + Special) (Blu-Ray)
Dagashi Kashi 2 Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 35th Anniversary Ltd Edition (Blu-Ray & DVD Combo with Artbook)
Nichijou Complete Series (Dual Language Edition) (Blu-Ray)
Record of Grancrest War Vol. 2 (Eps 13-24) (Blu-Ray)

Funimation AU:
Acca - The Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Claymore Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Free! -Dive to the Future- Season 3 (Eps 1-12) DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
In Another World with My Smartphone Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
My Hero Academia - Season 3 Part 2 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 1 (Eps 1-28) Steel Book (Blu-Ray)
Yuri!!! On Ice - The Complete Series DVD / Blu-Ray Combo

Awesome that Nichijou will be available for region B, will still wait a bit to see if it gets a uk release so I won't have to deal with the uggly australian age rating thing on the cover but if it seems unlikely that we will get a uk release then it is way way better than nothing.

As for the US release the back of it says region A, from my understanding Funimation has the actual information of the region locks on the back of their blu-ray cases so I would assume this means it is only region A since the ones I have seen so far that are compatible with region B from Funimation has it written on the back.

I'm done waiting for UK releases of shows that I love. They never get released here, or if they do they are inferior formats, or years after everyone else. I've had the Australian Nichijou DVDs for over six years now. No one ever picked the show up here, same with Gosick, both of whic subsequently got US Blu-rays. Maybe Madman will release Gosick on BD as well.

I'm done waiting for UK releases of shows that I love. They never get released here, or if they do they are inferior formats, or years after everyone else. I've had the Australian Nichijou DVDs for over six years now. No one ever picked the show up here, same with Gosick, both of whic subsequently got US Blu-rays. Maybe Madman will release Gosick on BD as well.
Probably when it gets a classics/essentials release they will. But past 2/3 years with Gundam and all these funi stuff an a player has been near essential.

It's understandable. I'm waiting for Manga's Q4 line-up to be fully unveiled before I consider importing some titles.

Back