[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai Filmworks Anime Boston announcements:
  • Plans to dub and offer a limited edition release for Cutie Honey Universe. Jessica Calvello will return to voice Cutie and David Wald will be directing the dub.
  • The Rage of Bahamut spin-off series Mysteria Friends will have its entire series dubbed and available on HIDIVE this Sunday.
  • Haikyu!! Third Season dub is in progress.
  • Both SNAFU and To-Love Ru received dub confirmation due to fan demand on social media and interest for it.
  • They are interested in acquiring the Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Kingdom movie.
  • They are interested in the Kaiji series.
  • News on Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion soon.

Last edited:
Now we need someone to release Snafu & To Love Ru in the UK (dubbed ver)..... I would of said AL but they've still playing catch up from 2016 so MVM?! Get a jump on the importers and just say yes or no! :)

As much as I would love a region b release of to love ru. How high are the chances anyway considering it contains questionable scenes

@Bryan Admiraal, @Badej, The chances of a UK release of To Love-Ru is practically slim to none. Because as @Badej said, the show does contain quite a few questionable scenes. As myself and @D1tchd1gger have said before the "BBFC will take issue with anyone being under 16 years old" in those situations, which is part of their guidelines which also complies with the law within the UK. So in other words, no UK release for TLR without cuts being made.

@Bryan Admiraal, @Badej, The chances of a UK release of To Love-Ru is practically slim to none. Because as @Badej said, the show does contain quite a few questionable scenes. As myself and @D1tchd1gger have said before the "BBFC will take issue with anyone being under 16 years old" in those situations, which is part of their guidelines which also complies with the law within the UK. So in other words, no UK release for TLR without cuts being made.
Wel cap but if its the LAW

I had to look up the Wikipedia entry on it (but I don't know how much of it is correct, seeing as it's Wikipedia), as I've never seen the series (and currently don't plan to at this time). According to the character details, Rito Yuuki is 16 years old, so he's safe. Mikan (Rito's sister), on the other hand, is 12 years old, so she's definitely too young. I can't find any details on the ages of the other characters (apart from Yuu Kotegawa, who is 19 years old).

Who knows what will happen regarding a potential UK release (should there ever be one), considering the BBFC had some inconsistent decisions (e.g. Shomin Sample being passed 15 uncut), but if To Love-Ru has to be cut, then so be it, they have to abide by the law.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen an official announcement yet, but reports on Twitter suggest Discotek have acquired the rights to both the new City Hunter film and ‘the rest of the anime’. Should be interesting to see if they can get that on Crunchyroll.

Sentai July 2019 slate:
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS OVA Collection 2
- Asura Cryin'
- Cutie Honey Universe (+ LE at $129.98)
- Elfen Lied Steelbook
- Love Stage!! English dub
- Pet Shop of Horrors (SD Blu-ray)
- Those Who Hunt Elves (SD Blu-ray)

Back