[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The words spoken in said language aren't always by Japanese characters. I can go either way with the sub or dub and respect people's choice on the matter, but if the characters are Japanese then I prefer the sub because it retains a sense of authenticity. Sometimes things are lost in the writing in the first place and the dub fixes that these days - Banana Fish would probably work better dubbed I think.
My favourite example of this is Black Lagoon though. Only one of the main characters is Japanese and he speaks English to the others, except when speaking to Japanese people as a translator for the Russians.
And likewise, this Emma dub might be really good as the characters are supposed to be speaking English. I'm not good with accents so I probably won't notice if they sound a little fake. I'm a little surprised they didn't just get the rights to the Singapore English dub as that one had English accents. Maybe they thought they could do better.

EDIT: Copied this off anime news network.
emmaconvo.jpgemmaconvo2.jpg
NEWS: Right Stuf Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Dub Emma: A Victorian Romance, Release Blu-ray [1/5] - Forum - Anime News Network:W

Last edited:
Not sure why Shawne was so aggressive there. Saying that you don't have faith that a UK accent will be produced authentically by an American Dub studio is hardly the worst thing anyone has ever suggested. Similarly if the KS campaign didn't say they WOULD use UK actors then of course the logical conclusion would be to think they most likely won't. I like Shawne alot but I think he was alittle out of line/unprofessional in these responses.

Listening to the early JoJo dub was like nails on a chalk board for anyone who actually lives on these shores.

Not sure why Shawn was so aggressive there. Saying that you don't have faith that a UK accent will be produced authentically by an American Dub studio is hardly the worst thing anyone has ever suggested. Listening to the early JoJo dub was like nails on a chalk board for anyone who actually lives on these shores.
Also as Princess Principal’s dub trailer was last week and sounded awful it’s a current concern.

Madman who don't have the rights to MHA cos Sony, but Madman are showing the film in Australia so means it is not impossible for us to get it as it shows it can be sublicensee as also Madman did a festival screening first :thinking

Unless Discotek have more up their sleeve that they haven't announced yet then November 2018's release schedule gave us the most disappointing Discotek Day ever, at least imo, with a single new announcement and only 4(3) releases. Looking forward to the Lupin Film though.

Dinosaur King Season 1 SD-BD (English Language Only)
Dinosaur King Season 2 SD-BD (English Language Only)
Hells BD
Lupin the Third Legend of the Gold of Babylon BD

Unless Discotek have more up their sleeve that they haven't announced yet then November 2018's release schedule gave us the most disappointing Discotek Day ever, at least imo, with a single new announcement and only 4(3) releases. Looking forward to the Lupin Film though.

Dinosaur King Season 1 SD-BD (English Language Only)
Dinosaur King Season 2 SD-BD (English Language Only)
Hells BD
Lupin the Third Legend of the Gold of Babylon BD

Speaking of Discotek I noticed they put out all of All Purpose Cat Girl Nuku Nuku on BD. And one of the extras is a UK dub from Crusader Video which they claim you have to hear to believe. Is the UK dub really as bad as they make it out to be?

Madman listed Made in Abyss limited edition for release in January 2019, but provided no other details about it. Considering the price of it being way less than Sentai's limited edition, I assume it has less stuff in it. I'm assuming that also means that MVM will have a similar release date to Madman's?

Back