[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

yUfoZSo.gif

Sentai Filmworks July 2018 Release Slate revealed.

Notes:
  • No limited edition releases.
  • All subtitled only with the exception of the Maiden Japan title.
  • News on Legend of the Galactic Heroes 'soon'.

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

The following are set for May 29th 2018:
  • Fist of the North Star: The Movie - Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles. HD Master with 4:3 & 16:9 versions included plus the alternate ending in standard edition.
  • Like the Clouds, Like the Wind (Kumo no You ni Kaze no You ni) - Blu-ray - Japanese with English subtitles. 1990 film from studio Pierrot with Studio Ghibli's character designer Katsuya Kondo.
  • Lupin the Third Part IV: The Italian Adventure [English Dub Version] - Blu-ray - English i.e. the Toonami/Italian Broadcast Version. All 24 episodes & 2 OVAs.
  • Monster Rancher - SD on Blu-ray - English - All 73 episodes.
  • Star Ocean EX - SD on Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles. All 26 episodes.
  • Tokyo Underground - SD on Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles. All 26 episodes.
As a reminder, longer running anime series will be released on SD on Blu-ray unless there's a HD master available from now on. Henceforth titles such as Monster Rancher, Star Ocean EX and Tokyo Underground are on Blu-ray instead of being DVD only.

Monster Rancher - SD on Blu-ray - English - All 73 episodes.
I'm glad I never got round to picking up the DVDs. Does the SD-on-BD bundle Monster Rancher and Monster Farm or is it just Monster Rancher?

Lupin the Third Part IV: The Italian Adventure [English Dub Version] - Blu-ray - English i.e. the Toonami/Italian Broadcast Version. All 24 episodes & 2 OVAs.
Hopefully @anime_andrew or @Hanners can confirm details of the UK release soon or I'll be mighty tempted by this.

Well yes as DVDs are cheaper to print thats why this revolution is only happening now. As BDs still cost more than DVDs thats why its only worth it for long shows thats what I gather anyway

Hopefully @anime_andrew or @Hanners can confirm details of the UK release soon or I'll be mighty tempted by this.

It's a balancing act - ours will be out about the same time, a collector's and we'll make the dubbed version available as part of the package for buyers who want it (there'll be a bit of an added cost but not much of one).

You'll hear more soon on it actually - but you'll have find our version is in line with what you'd expect for an AL LE.

AP

It's a balancing act - ours will be out about the same time, a collector's and we'll make the dubbed version available as part of the package for buyers who want it (there'll be a bit of an added cost but not much of one).

You'll hear more soon on it actually - but you'll have find our version is in line with what you'd expect for an AL LE.

AP
I'll hold off on preordering the US release and wait for your release then, I love the work Discotek do, but I'd much rather support UK Lupin.

Recap of all of the new Funimation announcements between the recent panels:
  • Ai Tenchi Muyo! - July 10th with English dub & Blu-ray/DVD combo
  • Assassination Classroom: 365 Days' Time - July 3rd
  • Assassination Classroom (live-action) Parts 1 & 2 - August 7th
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie Trilogy
  • Garo: Divine Flame - 2018
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 - Summer 2018
  • Twin Star Exorcist - July 24th with English dub

It'd be cool if they rereleased all the tenchi stuff in new sets a la .Hack style. Right now it's a complete mismash of releases and all abit messy.

Nozomi's I Came Here To Laugh At You Gundam News:
  • Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden will be released in July.
  • Gundam 00 Ultra Edition includes Series + Artbook + Poster + Keychain. Will be exclusive to Rightstuf.
  • Gundam 00 regular edition due July.

Back