[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

At the time I posted that, Kimchi had not yet indicated any restocking on their site. I do actually buy all my Korean Blu-rays from Kimchi, because they pack their items for shipping with quality and care, above and beyond any other anime retailer. I got the original lenticular SAC and 2nd Gig Limited Edition Collector sets through them 3 years ago, and have been buying a slew of Korean lenticular releases from them ever since.

Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex Lenticular Boxset + Photo Book + Lenticular Numbered Card (7disc) LE

Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Lenticular Boxset + Guide Book + Numbered Card (7disc) LE

Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Bonus - Deluxe Pen Set

Last edited:
At the time I posted that, Kimchi had not yet indicated any restocking on their site.

I didn't order till about a week after I spotted the message so they probably put them up between then. S1 already out of stock it seems, at least with them. I don't know why but they had a release date of the 12th, while the YesAsia said the 19th.

DWqu1sDXUAQ7q84.jpg

Sentai Filmworks June 2018 Release Slate is now available.

The LE of the month goes to Grimoire of Zero with an $99.98 SRP which includes a 96-page Hardcover Artbook and 6 Artcards.

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

The following are set for April 24th 2018:
  • Space Warrior Baldios the Movie - Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles (Sevakis recut the International Version and restored the audio for this release)
  • Ayakashi - DVD - Japanese with English subtitles
  • Marmalade Boy - SD on Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles (All 76 episodes & the Movie across 2 Blu-ray discs in standard definition, Sevakis also authored the release so that it's 24p (to make it playable on PlayStations) and with improved subtitles i.e. no Comic-sans)
  • Fair, Then Partly Piggy Movie - Blu-ray & DVD Combo - English & Japanese with English subtitles (based on the same children's books as the TV series TOKYO PIG)
  • Toriko the Movie: Secret Recipe of Gourmet God - DVD - Japanese with English subtitles
  • Zatch Bell movies: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan - DVD - Japanese with English subtitles

aprI5yE.jpg

Ghost In The Shell & Innocence 4K ULTRA HD Blu-ray Set

[Limited production until June 30, 2019]
Release date: June 22nd 2018
Price without tax: ¥ 12,800
Spec:
Ghost in the Shell: Linear PCM (Dolby Surround) / HEVC / 66 G / 16: 9 <2160 p Ultra High Definition> / With Japanese and English closed caption (ON / OFF possible)
Innocence: Linear PCM 2ch · DTS: X (7.1.4ch) · DTS Headphone: X / HEVC / 100G / 16: 9 <2160p Ultra High Definition> / Subtitle with Japanese / English closed caption OFF possible) / All 1 volume

Amazon Links:
Ghost In The Shell 4K Remaster Set (4K ULTRA HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray Disc 2 Disc Set)

aprI5yE.jpg

[Limited production until June 30, 2019]
Release date: June 22nd 2018
Price without tax: ¥ 12,800
Spec:
Ghost in the Shell: Linear PCM (Dolby Surround) / HEVC / 66 G / 16: 9 <2160 p Ultra High Definition> / With Japanese and English closed caption (ON / OFF possible)
Innocence: Linear PCM 2ch · DTS: X (7.1.4ch) · DTS Headphone: X / HEVC / 100G / 16: 9 <2160p Ultra High Definition> / Subtitle with Japanese / English closed caption OFF possible) / All 1 volume

Amazon Links:
Ghost In The Shell 4K Remaster Set (4K ULTRA HD Blu-ray & Blu-ray Disc 2 Disc Set)

Guess that's another title for the import list, I doubt we'll get a 4K release in the English west since Your Name didn't get one.

Guess that's another title for the import list, I doubt we'll get a 4K release in the English west since Your Name didn't get one.
Probably a bit early to be making assumptions like that. How long was it after Japan got the first anime Blu-rays (or even DVDs) that we started to get them in the west? A question I can't actually find the answer to even with the help of search engines, but it was a while, I think.

I'd say GitS is probably not a bad bet to become the first 4k anime release in the UK, given Manga's involvement in its production and putting up some of the funding, and therefore presumably automatic UK rights to this version as well. Not to mention the fact that re-re-re-releases of GitS (and Akira) probably account for a not inconsiderable slice of Manga's profits.

Back