[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

December 2017 release slate revealed for Sentai Filmworks. Only new release is New Theatrical Movie Initial D 1: Awakening which also includes an English dub.

The Familiar of Zero and To-Love Ru are expected to have re-authored discs due to increased disc count on the cover art. Previous releases both suffered from Sentai's daft 1 disc system.

Ton of stuff I already own there. I don't think I'm inclined to double dip for re-authored discs unless it's later shown to be considerable improvements. At least this slims down my Xmas budget, already looking a little iffy in December so no Sentai Anime will help.

Ton of stuff I already own there. I don't think I'm inclined to double dip for re-authored discs unless it's later shown to be considerable improvements. At least this slims down my Xmas budget, already looking a little iffy in December so no Sentai Anime will help.

Pretty much my thoughts too; I need to figure out which bits of Higurashi I have in which formats to see whether that might be a worthwhile double dip to tidy my collection up, but the rest is doing nothing for me.

I'm glad there are no special editions of titles I previously supported with preorders for their original release. Hate that trend, and it's really made me think hard about buying first editions of Sentai shows at all.

R

qTLn2XM.jpg

Aria the Animation kickstarter has been a huge success, earning nearly $300,000 with tons of stretch goals achieved already including the entire second season Aria the Natural getting dubbed.

Now Nozomi have revealed the next set of stretch goals with $360,000 being the next major achievement!

$300K - Neo-Venezia Guidebook Upgrade to include Season 3 (Aria the Origination)

$320K - All Single Tiers & higher get Company Mascot Magnet Trio

$340K - Selectable Primary Color Subtitle Tracks (White/Yellow)

$360K - English dubs for Origination + Avvenire + Picture Drama in 2.0+5.1 audio

$365K - Avvenire Japanese staff live-action extras added

$370K - Origination English Cast Commentary

For those out of the loop, there are three main seasons and recently a few new specials:
Season 1 - Aria the Animation [13 episodes]
Season 2 - Aria the Natural [26 episodes]
OVA - Aria the OVA: Arietta [1 episode]
Season 3 - Aria the Origination [13 episodes]
OVA/Specials - Aria the Avvenire [3 episodes]

You can watch Animation, Natural and Origination over on Viewster.

Last edited:
So good wh
Aria the Animation kickstarter has been a huge success, earning nearly $300,000 with tons of stretch goals achieved already including the entire second season Aria the Natural getting dubbed.

Now Nozomi have revealed the next set of stretch goals with $360,000 being the next major achievement!

$300K - Neo-Venezia Guidebook Upgrade to include Season 3 (Aria the Origination)

$320K - All Single Tiers & higher get Company Mascot Magnet Trio

$340K - Selectable Primary Color Subtitle Tracks (White/Yellow)

$360K - English dubs for Origination + Avvenire + Picture Drama in 2.0+5.1 audio

$365K - Avvenire Japanese staff live-action extras added

$370K - Origination English Cast Commentary

For those out of the loop, there are three main seasons and recently a few new specials:
Season 1 - Aria the Animation [13 episodes]
Season 2 - Aria the Natural [26 episodes]
OVA - Aria the OVA: Arietta [1 episode]
Season 3 - Aria the Origination [13 episodes]
OVA/Specials - Aria the Avvenire [3 episodes]

You can watch Animation, Natural and Origination over on Viewster.
Thanks its a good series so glad its doing well

Aria is probably my overall favourite series, so I'm excited to seeing the Kickstarter doing so well. Less excited about the prospect of Nozomi taking all of my money next month though.

I'm really, really surprised they managed to get their hands on the Avvenire OVAs. They're only just getting a standalone BD/DVD release in Japan next week, so figured there would be holdbacks before they could get their hands on it.

Those who have pledged for the Aria Kickstarter, how much did you pledge for? Still need to go through the whole Kickstarter page, after only reading through it very fast, it's complicated with all these options. Is the third season also part of the stretch goals ?

Those who have pledged for the Aria Kickstarter, how much did you pledge for? Still need to go through the whole Kickstarter page, after only reading through it very fast, it's complicated with all these options. Is the third season also part of the stretch goals ?
The third season along with the OVA, picture dramas and the Avvenire OVAs are the $360K stretch goal which was announced yesterday.

I'm on $180 (Prima Double Plus). I have very little interest in the shirts, so see no reason to go higher. Will of course increase this, if the S3 goal is reached. Also, I'll definitely get the Guidebook. :)

So happy to see that all of Aria's stretch goals were reached. Hoping another niche title is looked at soon.

DFm2AxEXYAAdHzk.jpg

The November 2017 release slate for Sentai Filmworks has been revealed. Includes 3 limited edition releases.

Are the chances of these Sentai Limited Editions getting releases here likely? I may have to preorder those, if not. :oops:

Unless it's January I'll be in the corner having a hissy fit.
Can I join you?

Are the chances of these Sentai Limited Editions getting releases here likely? I may have to preorder those, if not. :oops:

No. Animatsu tried this and they sold poorly. Plus in a sense the value of a lot of Sentai's LEs aren't worth the asking price, but at least it gets discounted over time.

No. Animatsu tried this and they sold poorly. Plus in a sense the value of a lot of Sentai's LEs aren't worth the asking price, but at least it gets discounted over time.

Wasn't even aware Animatsu released Premium Editions, although I've been avoiding anything with the word "Collectors" "Premium" and "Limited" in its title from Manga UK and Animatsu for the last few years as its usually a Case, Booklet and (if they can fit it in the case) maybe some postcards.

Back to being serious though, the only Premium edition I can think of was Parasyte what was not only a pretty meh series, was also available on standard bluray for £4 from Amazon themselves so why would anyone buy the premium edition for 10x the price

Wasn't even aware Animatsu released Premium Editions, although I've been avoiding anything with the word "Collectors" "Premium" and "Limited" in its title from Manga UK and Animatsu for the last few years as its usually a Case, Booklet and (if they can fit it in the case) maybe some postcards.

Back to being serious though, the only Premium edition I can think of was Parasyte what was not only a pretty meh series, was also available on standard bluray for £4 from Amazon themselves so why would anyone buy the premium edition for 10x the price

They cloned the Parasyte, and Akame ga Kill Premium Editions from Sentai. They sold pretty poorly, but I'll say that Animatsu didn't choose the best sets to really clone in terms of CE content.

They cloned the Parasyte, and Akame ga Kill Premium Editions from Sentai. They sold pretty poorly, but I'll say that Animatsu didn't choose the best sets to really clone in terms of CE content.

Indeed, they should have done it with Beyond the Boundary instead. Then again it would have probably flopped considering they used the standard edition master and not the collector's edition master (due to the OVA being exclusive to the CE).

Funimation's December 2017 release slate has been revealed. 3 Crunchyroll titles are coming out plus 1 limited edition release.

Info on on-disc extras are scarce at the moment so I focused on just showing the main titles and will update later on the rest of the info. Everything else (regions, dates, cover art) are all there.

Back