[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The next NIS America Premium Edition has been revealed - If Her Flag Breaks (Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara)

The set will be released on November 3rd 2015.

SRP: $64.98

The OVA that was bundled with the light novel in 2014 will not be included with this set.

Contents:
- All 13 episodes
- Japanese audio w/English subtitles
- Clean Opening and Endings
- Character Trailers
- Commercial Bumps
- Japanese Commercials
- 64-page full color hardcover art book with character art, sketches, behind-the-scenes manga, and interviews with the cast and crew.

That leaves Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 and Love Live! the Movie as the remaining NISA sets that have yet to be released.

Bandai Visual have set the release date for Ghost in the Shell: New Movie.

Release Date: October 28th 2015
Limited Edition Blu-ray priced at 9800 Yen
Standard Edition DVD priced at 7800 Yen
Both formats come with English and Traditional Chinese subtitles.

The Blu-ray release comes with a full scenario book and a luxury booklet while it also includes bonus footage with the original teasers and trailers as well as an audio commentary. A bonus disc will include the director’s cut edition, the recaps that were streamed previously with the special programs, a cast night analysis and a stage greeting that was done.

Toonami has hit a big record from the past Saturday Night.

CMJZkb9VEAAn-qs.jpg

Discotek Media have revealed some titles from their October 2015 slate:

Crunchyroll / Discotek Media
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Complete Collection - $39.95 - 10/27/15

Discotek Media
- Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan TV Special - $24.95 - 10/27/15
- Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan Movie - $24.95 - 10/27/15

NormanicGrav said:
Discotek Media have revealed some titles from their October 2015 slate:

Crunchyroll / Discotek Media
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Complete Collection - $39.95 - 10/27/15

Discotek Media
- Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan TV Special - $24.95 - 10/27/15
- Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan Movie - $24.95 - 10/27/15

All this DvD only stuff from Discotek is making me sad. What's worse is because people like me won't blindly buy the DvD version just because that's all they are offering means the chance of them deciding a BD would be a good idea later on is pretty low :(

I have to ad,it I'm still surprised Diskotek got Arpeggio - a) it's a show that'd really suit a dub and the extra push that would give it and b) it was pretty well received so I'm surprised someone else didn't snap it up.

Lutga said:
I have to ad,it I'm still surprised Diskotek got Arpeggio - a) it's a show that'd really suit a dub and the extra push that would give it and b) it was pretty well received so I'm surprised someone else didn't snap it up.
I agree, I'm pretty annoyed that Discotek licensed it as I'd have loved a BD release. It's a show I'd love Anime Limited to pick up and give a proper release to.

I'm not sure I really see it as an Anime Ltd kind of show, but it'd definitely benefit from the Blu-Ray treatment - it's got some of the best integration of CG work in a TV anime I've seen, and it arguably does the whole ship girls thing way better than Kancolle did. It has an amazing OP theme too:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lutga said:
I'm not sure I really see it as an Anime Ltd kind of show
I haven't seen the show so I can't say I know a lot about it but I thought it was the kind of thing that might benefit from a release with an artbook.

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Anime Limited sticking to particular kinds of shows. It does seem like they're diversifying a bit at the moment, at least. I guess I'd be worried that they would never even consider some of my favourites just because they don't fit into a particular group. I suppose in some ways I'm thinking of Anime Limited as potentially growing to become the best source of anime for all UK fans.

If Crunchryoll holds international rights to Arpeggio though, that might be a stumbling block. I believe that was identified as a possible reason why Free! hasn't made it over here yet.

NormanicGrav said:
Remember that standard edition Blu-ray set of Kara no Kyoukai? Well Aniplex of America are releasing that set (as a Japanese import).

bd_assets_02-l.jpg

SRP $399.98 [~£255.66]

Or you could just go and get the exact same version on Amazon JP for less. It'll be 33,430 Yen overall (that includes shipping & VAT) which is around ~£172.03.

I get that Ufotable has a lot of fans, but £255? Where the hell do Aniplex of America find these people, I have some air guitars I'd like to sell them...

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:
SRP $399.98 [~£255.66]

I get that Ufotable has a lot of fans, but £255? Where the hell do Aniplex of America find these people, I have some air guitars I'd like to sell them...

I presume the reason for the much higher price point is due to US Customs/Tax, I think their limit is $200.

NormanicGrav said:
I presume the reason for the much higher price point is due to US Customs/Tax, I think their limit is $200.

So, assuming AoA is a separate subsidiary, why not just have Aniplex sell the sets to Aniplex of America below cost price, then have Aniplex of America mark up the difference? Presumably all the set's profits will make it back to Sony Music Entertainment Japan somehow anyway, even if it does complicate things.

Although, that probably counts as in-dealing and leaves them liable lawsuits. I'm sure there's a way they could work it to get out of the tax if they wanted.

As much as I'd like Garden of Sinners on Blu-Ray, I think the only series I'd be willing to spend £255 on is Future Boy Conan or one of Takahata's.

Back