[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The anime adaptation for The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan details have finally been unveiled since it's announcement a year ago.

First of, the main cast from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will return for this new series - including the likes of:
Minori Chihara as Yuki Nagato
Tomokazu Sugita as Kyon
Natsuko Kuwatani as Ryoko Asakura
Yuko Goto as Mikuru Asahina
Yuki Matsuoka as Tsuruya-san
Minoru Shiraishi as Taniguchi
Megumi Matsumoto as Kunikida
Daisuke Ono as Itsuki Koizumi
Aya Hirano as Haruhi Suzumiya

Jun'ichi Wada (episode director on EUREKA SEVEN AO, Gosick) will direct and Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Inari Kon Kon) will handle series composition at Satelight (Bodacious Space Pirates, Hellsing Ultimate). Ikuko Ito (Princess Tutu, Magic User's Club) is designing the the characters for the anime and Takeshi Yasuda, producer on the original Haruhi Suzumiya anime, is in charge of series planning.

The main Haruhi webpage has been updated with a visual.

Some more extras for Chunibyo

10421256_991566850870427_3547095806681051790_n.jpg

Section23 Films April Line Up:

AEsir Holdings
Saiyuki - Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (DVD) [Re-release] - 4/28/15

Sentai Filmworks
DD Fist of the North Star - Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/14/15 [sub only]
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation - Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 4/21/15
Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/28/15 [sub only]
Nobunaga the Fool - Collection 1 (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/28/15
She, The Ultimate Weapon - Complete Collection (DVD) - 4/7/15
Space Brothers - Collection 2 (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/21/15 [sub only]
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/14/15 [sub only]
Unlimited Psychic Squad - Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (DVD) - 4/21/15 [sub only]

Artwork are up on Overseas Cover Art Thread.

--------------

Aniplex of America will be releasing the imported Blu-ray sets for Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

The Blu-ray BOX Set 1 will include the following:
- Episodes 0-12
- Soundtrack CD
- 50 page deluxe booklet, including staff interviews, production materials, and more
- An exclusive novel written by Kinoko Nasu and illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi
- All housed in a box with exclusive illustration by Takashi Takeuchi.
- Wall scroll

The wall scroll is the main reason why Rightstuf will sell for $413.98 [£264.29] ($420.98 [£268.76] for Non-US customers). You can get a version of the set without the Wall Scroll on Amazon Japan for a discounted price of ¥31,168 [£167.41]. Note: All estimated £ prices don't include postage and customs.

Wow. That better be a really nice wall scroll. Never understood the draw for the Fate/Zero Collector's Editions either (other than the awesome art boxes).

Going to skip the import version of UBW. The continued lameness towards people outside Japan and the US on the part of Aniplex USA has really turned me off supporting them in general, and I don't like UBW nearly as much as Zero.

R

Unlimited Wait Works.

I wonder if by the time it actually comes out - everybody else's 'normal' animation quality will look as good as UBW's?

black1blade said:
Do most shows nowadays look as good a fate/zero?

I generally classify it by three tiers,

Standard
This will be all your shonen titles / cheaply produced comedies - they typically look very 'flat')

Good
In many ways, 'good' quality animation has become the new standard - incorporating tons of CG elements and looks very fluid/has a lot of depth to it - I'd put stuff like SAO, No Game No Life, Psycho Pass, Aldnoah Zero etc. in this category) - Compare the quality of most shows now to stuff from even five/six years ago and the difference is striking.

Incredible/Film quality
This will be stuff like Unlimited Blade Works - which stands out above and beyond what even typical TV animation is doing. Everything literally 'pops' from the screen, and has the added fluidity and visual wow-factor that's typically reserved just for film outings.

Madman have acquired Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman [Seiken Tsukai no World Break], Cute High Earth Defence Club Love [Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!], Kantai Collection [KanColle], Samurai Warriors [Sengoku Musou] & The Testament of Sister New Devil [Shinmai Maou no Testament] for AnimeLab and presumably home release.

Funimation will be making some announcements later today. Note that they have 4 ? slots left to fill.

Funimation have made their announcements:

Rolling Girls will be simulcasted on Funimation's website.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha will be getting a home release subtitle only, formats are to be confirmed.

Back