[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Here's a surprise, special announcement from Crunchyroll US for a Collectors Edition of.... Code Geass

Code Geass1.png
Contained in.... interesting, "elegant" packaging (featuring various artwork on the box and with various tabs and boxes to contains the extras), this set contains the TV series, Akito the Exiled and all 4 films (Rebellion 1-3 and Re;surrection) along with several extras

Those are:
A Replica Chess Board and Pieces
A Neckless of the Geass symbol
A Lancelot Key USB (64gb of storage, Type A)
A 6 Month Crunchyroll subscription (for new members)
$60 discount of any Crunchyroll store order
A Certificate of Authenticity regarding the print
704400105449_code-geass-collectors-edition-blu-ray_4.jpg
704400105449_code-geass-collectors-edition-blu-ray_7.jpg
704400105449_code-geass-collectors-edition-blu-ray_11 (1).jpg
There are other photos, you can find on the store page.

Currently available on the Crunchyroll Store for North American customers only, all this can be yours for $549.98. Limited to 3 per customer

Don't rush out for it folks all at once!

Here's a surprise, special announcement from Crunchyroll US for a Collectors Edition of.... Code Geass

View attachment 31232
Contained in.... interesting, "elegant" packaging (featuring various artwork on the box and with various tabs and boxes to contains the extras), this set contains the TV series, Akito the Exiled and all 4 films (Rebellion 1-3 and Re;surrection) along with several extras

Those are:
View attachment 31233
View attachment 31236
View attachment 31237

Currently available on the Crunchyroll Store for North American customers only, all this can be yours for $549.98. Limited to 3 per customer

That does feel like something with "Anime Ltd. Ultimate Edition" written all over it, and indeed they do sell the Code Geass works in the UK.

View attachment 31232

Those are:
View attachment 31233
View attachment 31236
View attachment 31237

I'm out. I needed 4.

View attachment 31232

Those are:
View attachment 31233
View attachment 31236
View attachment 31237

Damn that is awesome.

Announcement for Spy x Family Code: White from Crunchyroll for a 'worldwide' release. However, a cinema release in 2024 is planned in North America, Latam, Australia/New Zealand and some parts of Europe.... but not the UK or ROI.

Also, the trailer for the film from Crunchyroll is blocked in Japan and UK/ROI only. What does this mean? I do have theories.

Hopefully it's confirmed sooner rather than later what UK/ROI plans are.

Last edited:

Announcement for Spy x Family: Code White from Crunchyroll for a 'worldwide' release. However, a cinema release in 2024 is planned in North America, Latam, Australia/New Zealand and some parts of Europe.... but not the UK or ROI.

Also, the trailer for the film from Crunchyroll is blocked in Japan and UK/ROI only. What does this mean? I do have theories.

Hopefully it's confirmed sooner rather than later what UK/ROI plans are.

Best case scenario this has me hoping AL have once again pulled a One Piece Film: Red and acquired the movie.

Hello all,

We're back with another Dirty Pair progress update! Let's kick things off with a letter from the dubbing director himself, Joe DiGiorgi:

Hi everyone,

I thought I would take a moment here from the world of mixing Dirty Pair to say hello and fill you in on things.

Having completed principle recording, I’ve been mixing the TV series for the past month or so. There are a couple of small roles yet to be done, but all is good. August often brings vacations, so it was tough to get people in that month, but any final bits or changes to existing performances should flow smoothly over the next few weeks. All the show needs now is for the remaining episodes to be fully mixed, then reviewed by Right Stuf. Then I have to make whatever adjustments are needed, which requires scheduling of both my studio and the performers.

We are very close! I am seeing, though, that mixing a show of this magnitude is a bigger deal than I originally planned. Each episode is like it’s own island of characters, events, and sound effects. And since many of the characters were recorded remotely due to scheduling and location issues, the individual lines need to be carefully scrutinized for sync. I’m also working on surround mixes of the entire series, plus recording extra features beyond the TV show. It’s a long journey! And as we all know, there have been challenges from the start.

One thing I’d like to personally chat about for a moment is Nozomi itself and the new relationship with Crunchyroll. I work independently of both Nozomi and Crunchyroll. The team and I remain committed to our concept and objective to make Dirty Pair a great dub. There has been no discussion of compromise, rushing faster than quality would require, or any shift whatsoever in the Nozomi concept that has existed for so many years. In fact, I would say that Crunchyroll’s cooperation and help in making this all happen has been nothing short of extraordinary. My producers and new colleagues have been the best and most understanding I have ever known. I feel nothing but gratitude towards them. And to all of you too! All of us want this to be complete as soon as possible, but it has to be done at the high level of quality that we have had as our objective all along. And despite the challenges, it all becomes worth it when I go to mix an episode and find myself laughing yet again. It’s clear to me how great this show and this dub both are!

This project is by far the largest endeavor of my long-time relationship with Nozomi and Right Stuf. We pulled off the comprehensive “Aria” dub with no compromise, and the spectacular “Emma” British dub as well. Now we’ve come this far on the classic Dirty Pair. Please keep the faith, and we’ll have a show we can enjoy forever!

Joe DiGiorgi – Dub Director

To give you some more specific details: at this point, Joe has delivered 18 of the first-pass English dub mixes. The rest should be finished shortly thereafter and mix fixing should start in earnest in the fall. ("Mix fixing" is where any audio errors are corrected, and actors who need to re-record lines are called back in to change whatever's needed.)

We've seen comments asking for more frequent updates. We hear you, and we don't want you to feel like you're being left in the dark! Moving forward, in an attempt to be as transparent as possible, we'll put out an update every couple of weeks. If there's something new to report on the Dirty Pair project, we'll let you know! And if not, we'll give you a behind-the-scenes peek at our other announced projects, like Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei and various Gundam titles.

This is the most recent update on the Kickstarter I found it the blue ray.com forums.

Back