[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

I thought it was Aniplex USA that commissioned it?
Was released on Blu-ray first, then later the dub available on CR unless I'm mistaken?
Crunchyroll technically has the license and Aniplex released it with the English dub Crunchyroll commissioned, but yeah it was made available on Crunchyroll I believe not long after. It's thanks to Crunchyroll that Kiznaiver is the first Aniplex Blu-ray to be region locked.

No it was known for like months before AoA got the license that CR commionsed a dub. Even if it was 2 weeks exc to the home video it was CR who commissioned it

Crunchyroll technically has the license and Aniplex released it with the English dub Crunchyroll commissioned, but yeah it was made available on Crunchyroll I believe not long after. It's thanks to Crunchyroll that Kiznaiver is the first Aniplex Blu-ray to be region locked.
Ah, now that you mention it I do remember the CR logo being on the US Blu-ray set so that makes sense now.

Ah, now that you mention it I do remember the CR logo being on the US Blu-ray set so that makes sense now.

It's surprising how Darling in the Franxx is with Crunchyroll & Funimation as I was expecting a similar case to happen, then again I suppose it could still happen (Crunchyroll license + Funimation dub + Aniplex home video release).

30 minute extendend version of In This Corner of the World coming.
In This Corner of the World Anime Film Gets Extended Version With New Title
The character on the poster, Rin, had nearly her whole part from the manga ripped out which I felt was at the heart of the story of Suzu trying to decide on her feelings in the situation she found herself in.
Hopefully it gets a cinema release here because I missed it first time. And as I assume it'll get a physical release by MangaUK I hope they'll do a better job of making a booklet. It had little to no history of the period nor much in the way of artwork unlike ALs efforts with Giovanni's Island set in the same period, although a very small part of the war compared to Hiroshima and Kure.

Yeah that's one I've given up hope for and will likely just import when I buy my next Funi lot, maybe along with the movie set.

Yeah the Funi LE is decent as well I've seen it has some nice splash effects on it so it'll be worth picking up, even if it won't match ES

latest

Sentai Filmworks November 2018 Release Slate is now available.

Back