[Overseas] Anime Expo 2018 / 4th-8th July 2018 / News & Announcements

So happy (and extremely surprised) about Zillion, a series I've wanted to see for so long and now I can do it legit. The series was basically the first ever Production IG series and the gun for the show was the same design eventually used for the Sega Light Phaser for the Master System.

Also happy to FINALLY see Witch Hunter Robin solictated. Been waiting on that for so long now, I sold my Artbox set so many years ago now in anticipation of this rerelease. The only advantage of this long wait is that the show will be ripe for a rewatch after all this time as soon as I get it hopefully.

Also pleased to see the Free Films coming out, I love the series. With these coming out I really need to add the series to my shelf.

I had hoped PTE would be released by Sentai since I'm a fan of their translation notes and yellow subs. Not too sure that Funimation would replicate Sentai's work.

Some new announcements:

Viz Media: JoJo Edition
Viz Media offered a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure focused panel and here are the new reveals:
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable manga will be released as 2-in-1 hardcover volumes. There are 18 volumes in total so the English release will turn out as 9 volumes.
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable anime will be on Toonami starting 18th August 2018. The English dub will feature Billy Kametz as the voice of Jōsuke Higashikata.
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable live-action film will also be released in the United States on home video.
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V: Golden Wind anime has been licensed for simulcast and home video.

I hope they'll release part IV manga faster than they do now, because if not we'll only get to part 8 in like 12 years lol.

Some new announcements:

Aksys Games
The video game publisher announced a few more localisation announcements!
  • Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ - Otome fan-disc visual novel game coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2019
  • Death Mark - Horror visual novel game coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch
  • Ghost Parade - Coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2019
  • Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax - Coming to Nintendo Switch via eShop digital download (already on other consoles)

Some new announcements:

Funimation
Funimation have revealed a fair amount of titles for the October 2018 line-up:
  • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • Part of that ridiculously delayed Sunrise package deal.
They also confirmed other titles:
  • ReLIFE OVAs

Whoo! Witch Hunter Robin - I've been waiting ages for that one on Blu-ray. More WHR to go with my poster for the original DVD release... :cool:

aposters3.jpg

Also in for Recovery of an MMO Junkie and the ReLife OVAs.

Last edited:
England in the Semi's, Hamilton on Pole. Next up Right Stuf panel, hopefully they have something cool to cap off the day. I'd like to see something classic that isn't Gundam or previously announced (Tylor or Galaxy Angel). But if it is mainly Gundam then 0080 on Blu Ray would be great. So would be SD Gundam even if it's only DVD.

Seed has a UCE wow.... defo gonna import that
Am interested how they will include both dubs
I'll be jumping on the Nozomi Gundam bandwagon for Seed. By the time AL announce anything, the ultra edition will be OOP and we may have no chance of getting both dubs.

Wing was easily the show that made sense. Seed is more mixed so I’m confused G makes sense. I’ll get both of Nozomi’s UCEs and 00 I’m goving AL a chance

While I'm slightly miffed about both dubs for Seed being exclusive to the UCE I should also remind myself that I personally hate Gundam Seed and wasn't sure If I was going to add it to the collection at all so I guess missing out on the old dub wouldn't be the end of the world. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the old dub comes on DVDs as unlike Escaflowne the HD verson of Seed is full of changes rather than just early changes from what I understand.

Some new announcements:

Rightstuf/Nozomi/Gundam
For the Gundam franchise they have some new updates:
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam will be released with an Ultra Edition Blu-ray set coming this Holiday season.
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED will be released with an Ultra Edition Blu-ray set in 2019. The Ultra Edition will offer both English dubs (the standard edition sets will only have the new NYAV Post dub).
For the Nozomi label they also have:
  • The original Galaxy Angels series will drop down in price.
  • Galaxy Angels Z will be available in 2nd October 2018 on Blu-ray
  • Please Teacher and Please Twins are coming to Blu-ray.
  • Gravitation is coming to Blu-ray
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (Musekinin Kanchou Tylor) is getting an Ultra Edition Blu-ray release
  • Aria the Animation Season 1 will be shipping soon for kickstarter backers. Season 2 seems to be halfway through the dubbing process. Retailers will have Aria Season 1 in 2019.

I guess the Galaxy Angel stuff can be classed as new announcements though totally expected. Gundam really is taking up all their time but I have no complaints. What they are doing is just incredible.

Seeing how they seemingly are looking at putting their back catalog on BD then that gives me a little hope that Big Windup 2 might get that treatment down the line. Though that might still be wishful thinking, either way I'm glad to have it all honestly.

Back