Otaku Demand Right to Wed 2D Characters

Wildcard said:
Mohawk52 said:
I can see the looks on their parents faces when they are invited to the wedding with the rest of the family.
Where have we failed? :cry: :(

"Mum, Dad, Don't freak out or anything - but I've decided I'm going to marry Rei Ayanami."

They'd likely be disowned on the spot.
Because Asuka's obviously the way to go.

Well we shall have the cosplay band in the corner.......then there will have to be persocom waiters ......and then of course all of the guests will be standees so chairs are out of the question.....

*snaps back into reality*

Oh sorry just doing some last minute wedding planning.

Seriously, I don't really see the point myself, but for Otaku? Sure why not! I'm not really that surprised that some Otaku want this. Of course just to be safe I call either Ryoko from Tenchi or Re-L from Ergo Proxy (sigh of relief). Just a thought though, would they draw their own marital partners first or would we see a rise in copyright induced divorces?!

I've heard some more crazy ideas before like in some places in America I'm sure you can marry a dead person. At least these characters are a litte more animated *ba-dum chisch!*

Churchy99 said:
I've heard some more crazy ideas before like in some places in America I'm sure you can marry a dead person. At least these characters are a litte more animated *ba-dum chisch!*
*Groan* :roll:

I've heard about marrying your pets too. I read it in a magazine a few years back. Apparently you get a T-shirt saying "I married my dog/cat/fish" or something along those lines.

Now also... you already can marry anime characters... sort of:
http://www.myfconline.com/

Dibs on Near, BTW.

Churchy99 said:

blank-picard_facepalm.jpg

sums it up pretty well :D

so are we limited to 1 wife or many?

Ryo Chan said:
Churchy99 said:

one would guess if its going to be serious, then one wife like real life.

marry a cartoon character and serious....hmmm...

Kendarr said:
Ryo Chan said:
Churchy99 said:

one would guess if its going to be serious, then one wife like real life.
Ah, but some Mormons and Muslims can have multiple wives IRL. And presumably if you're not affiliated with any religion and make up your own rules regarding marriage...

Personally I'm inclined to take stepping on my shadow as a proposal like in Urusei Yatsura: Only You.

Back