One Piece Chapter Discussion

There's no need for spoilers tag when the mentioned chapter scanlation is already out as this topic is to discuss the latest One Piece chapters anyway. It looks frankly nutty seeing page after page of spoilers tags, its very very silly :).

Some people don't read the latest scanslations the very second that some half-assed translation is available, include spoiler tags and you can include more people in the thread. Don't include spoiler tags and you limit the number of people who can participate in the thread, and look retarded at the same time. When a video game comes out, spoilery discussions are still put in spoiler tags on video game forums, etc, etc. And that's after it's *officially* out, never mind after it's "unofficially" out.

If the forum was busy enough to support a "general One Piece" thread, and a "discussion of next week's [since that's what you actually discuss] chapter" you might have a point, but it isn't, and what's very, very silly is to shut people out from the thread to satisfy your own selfishness.

I didn't actually say anyone *had been* retarded or selfish. Only that it would be if there was a continuation of not using spoiler tags (and, also, a non-spoiler tagged note to say which chapter the spoilers are for).

Dave said:
Not really over joyed with shanks appearance in this arc. With this Arc being about Whitebeard & Ace last stands and passing their destiny of Pirate King to Luffy. Shank's apperance has put end to any possible Luffy re-emergence and over shadow all the achievements of people present at the same time.

Even if Luffy got back up I wouldn't want it happen as I would like Luffy & Shank meeting to be kept as fair as possible towards the end to make there evantual meeting all the more sweeter.

All I wanted before Luffy collapsed was at least a small speech from him proclaiming that Ace will be his last person he would lose and that he would get his crew back and become pirate king. At least small positive moment instead we got Luffy collapsing with out even a cross word and possibly ending the Arc with no positives at all.

See, I completely disagree with you. I loved Shanks' arrival and have no problem with it as I don't think Luffy should have gotten up and left us with some sort of speech. I think if that happened, it would maybe imply that Luffy's on his way to recovering from the loss of Ace. A speech like that, would be the first step, which I think will happen to Luffy after the war and after it sinks in. Freeing Ace and showing some of the worlds greatest pirates his Haki was enough for me from Luffy. He would have no chance alone against someone like an admiral, so he still has a long way to go. I think it's fine that Luffy's part in the war has ended and that someone take over (Shanks)

Last edited by a moderator:
ONE PIECE CHAPTER 580 SPOILERS

Source:2ch
Credits:NJA
Verification:confirmed

Translation: Aohige, OM.COM

Title is... I think the cover was Robin

Shanks picks up the strawhat, and says this isn't how we promised, so we'll do this next time.. as he flashes back on the past.
He tells Buggy he'll give him a treasure map, so give this strawhat to Luffy.
Buggy gets excited and takes the strawhat back to Luffy, but upon return he realizes Shanks was just screwing with him, and starts insulting Shanks. The prisoners see him talking to Shanks, a Yonkou, as his equal, and say they'll follow Buggy for life.

Aokiji and Kizaru attacks Law's submarine trying to escape.
Ice Age freezes even the ocean below, and Kizaru's laser spam rains down from above as the sub tries to dodge and run (whether they got away or not isn't shown)

Some interaction between Marco and Shanks.
Shanks tells the marines if you want to continue, the entire Redhaired Pirates will face them.
Sengoku gives up the war, and tells the marines to tend to the wounded.
He (doesn't specify if this is Sengoku or Shanks) then looks at Blackbeard, and says this isn't the time to fight you yet... we'll withdraw as we got what we wanted.
Hancock charms marines, and takes them to search for Luffy
Shanks says he'll do the burial for Whitebeard and Ace.
Some of the marines protest to this, but Sengoku tells him "I don't mind... since it's you"
One shots of all the characters, and narration stating the war has ended, and fin.

Break next chapter.

Nja answering questions of how Buggy got the strawhat to the sub.

Law was checking out Redhaired, and his men were telling him to get inside, when Buggy arrives and chunks the strawhat from above. The hat gets back to Luffy.

ilmaestro said:
Some people don't read the latest scanslations the very second that some half-assed translation is available, include spoiler tags and you can include more people in the thread. Don't include spoiler tags and you limit the number of people who can participate in the thread, and look retarded at the same time. When a video game comes out, spoilery discussions are still put in spoiler tags on video game forums, etc, etc. And that's after it's *officially* out, never mind after it's "unofficially" out.

What absolute nonsense. If you coming to thread called "One Piece Chapter Discussion" you are clearly coming to discuss the latest chapters which was already released last Wednesday. I posted late on Sunday giving people plenty of time for people to read the latest chapter whoever scan group you use. If you don't want One Piece to be spoiled what would you be doing looking a topic which would only clearly be talking about the latest developments.

ilmaestro said:
If the forum was busy enough to support a "general One Piece" thread, and a "discussion of next week's [since that's what you actually discuss] chapter" you might have a point, but it isn't, and what's very, very silly is to shut people out from the thread to satisfy your own selfishness.

If you want to talking about One Piece in general like is it worth buying manga & Anime create just simply another topic for it. Look back a few pages on this thread, Arbalest has said it OK to revive a One Piece general tread id its desired.

Dave said:
What absolute nonsense. If you coming to thread called "One Piece Chapter Discussion" you are clearly coming to discuss the latest chapters which was already released last Wednesday.
I'm telling you *for a fact* that this isn't the case. I'm also telling you *for a fact* that these chapters are not "released" on any Wednesday, never mind the one before the Monday they come out on. I'm also telling you *for a fact* that you would have more people using this thread if you continue to use spoiler tags, and *for a fact* that this is common courtesy on the vast majority of discussion forums, especially ones that don't have the provision for sub-topics within the main thread.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
See, I completely disagree with you. I loved Shanks' arrival and have no problem with it as I don't think Luffy should have gotten up and left us with some sort of speech. I think if that happened, it would maybe imply that Luffy's on his way to recovering from the loss of Ace. A speech like that, would be the first step, which I think will happen to Luffy after the war and after it sinks in. Freeing Ace and showing some of the worlds greatest pirates his Haki was enough for me from Luffy. He would have no chance alone against someone like an admiral, so he still has a long way to go. I think it's fine that Luffy's part in the war has ended and that someone take over (Shanks)

It complete failure for me to end an Arc on such note, Luffy has demonstrated powerful haki before but he still million miles away from even scratch Aokiji who easy defeated him several long arc ago. Luffy has been overshadowed by Blackbeard and now Shank and with everything he has lost it just too much of drowner to end arc in such a fashion, you need some light.

I can't see myself having desire of watching repeated viewing of this arc like this while I would happy to rewatch Baroque Works or Enies Lobby arcs over. Which is how I would consider an arc to be good, if it worth watching again.

ilmaestro said:
Dave said:
What absolute nonsense. If you coming to thread called "One Piece Chapter Discussion" you are clearly coming to discuss the latest chapters which was already released last Wednesday.
I'm telling you *for a fact* that this isn't the case. I'm also telling you *for a fact* that these chapters are not "released" on any Wednesday, never mind the one before the Monday they come out on. I'm also telling you *for a fact* that you would have more people using this thread if you continue to use spoiler tags, and *for a fact* that this is common courtesy on the vast majority of discussion forums, especially ones that don't have the provision for sub-topics within the main thread.

Fact about not releasing on wednesday WRONG, If you look carefully there one scan site which quite often release ONE PIECE chapters on Wednesday.

It silly to come on topic like this not excepting to have thing spoilt as all it takes is one user forgetting it or a new forum user. It best not even to enter this topic unless you are updated as ALL THE DISCUSSION on this thread will be about future developments. If you want to talk about other accepts about One Piece just create a new thread about it as the mods have already said they are happy to do that.

If memory serves:

Shounen Jump released - Monday
Chapters/scans leaked - week before

So essentially, we're getting the chapters a week in advance before it is officially released. Now by that logic, spoiler tags are fine, since some of us no doubt read it as it is officially released, not before. I agree with il though on the fact that if this forum was active enough, then having a sub-forum would make things easier, but as such we don't, as such, the discussions are never really to the same degree as there.

Back