One minute preview of Funi One Piece dub

Would be interesting to know where you found this.
But anyway, I shall watch it when I've started the 3rd One Piece saga, this is like 5 episodes on from where I've stalled myself with the series.
Will be interesting to hear it, and I can not wait (!) to buy the DVDs when they come out! I just hope Viz give up on their license quite soon after they've finished releasing their edited crap so Funi can get it.

DaNiMe-sama said:
But anyway, I shall watch it when I've started the 3rd One Piece saga, this is like 5 episodes on from where I've stalled myself with the series.
Will be interesting to hear it, and I can not wait (!) to buy the DVDs when they come out! I just hope Viz give up on their license quite soon after they've finished releasing their edited crap so Funi can get it.

It won't have an art box with it...

DaNiMe-sama said:
The licencing issue is not with Viz but with 4Kids. Viz handle the DVD releases for 4Kids but that is their only involvement (to my knowledge). 4Kids licence epires in 2009 if I remember correctly.

The other week Dánime you didn't really give a **** about the dub, now you suddenly care? ;/

Anyway, I've seen all the previews posted/shown so far, I can't wait for it, no sign of Vic Mignogna yet, good sign.... unless he's Eneru. >_>

Loli Lover said:
It won't have an art box with it...

As humorous as that is, I don't buy solely artboxes, for your information. :D

Gawyn said:
The licencing issue is not with Viz but with 4Kids. Viz handle the DVD releases for 4Kids but that is their only involvement (to my knowledge). 4Kids licence epires in 2009 if I remember correctly.

Ah right, thanks for the information, forgot a 4Kids for a moment there.

Lupus Inu said:
The other week Dánime you didn't really give a **** about the dub, now you suddenly care? ;/

Alert, alert, pointless comment. Just so I know what you're talking about, though, please direct me to this comment.

CitizenGeek said:
Can't seem to get the download to work :[

Hmm. :? It worked for me. :)

I have to admit though, I wasn't that impressed. ( Although it's probably because most of the voices were from nearly all the ADV and Funimation DVDs that I own and they all start to get a little 'samey' after a while. )

Tasker said:
( Although it's probably because most of the voices were from nearly all the ADV and Funimation DVDs that I own and they all start to get a little 'samey' after a while. )
Uh, that's because it is from FUNimation, who're putting all the effort they can into the series? Anyone who doesn't appreciate the work they're putting into One Piece for fans should go die. =|

Lupus Inu said:
Anyone who doesn't appreciate the work they're putting into One Piece for fans should go die. =|

I beg your pardon?

Listen fanboy, if I don't like something, I don't like something. So kindly take your childish insults and **** off. ( And yes, I appreciate the irony of my using a childish insult. )

Just where did I mention that I didn't appreciate their effort? I said it sounded too similar to the ADV and Funimation DVDs that I own, I know from experience that a lot of the voice actors they're using have a varied range, but in that clip they seem to just be using their generic anime voices. Maybe it's time they invested in new voice talent, as whenever I hear those voices I always think of specific characters.

OH HO HO, TIME FOR FUN~!

Tasker said:
I beg your pardon?

Listen fanboy, if I don't like something, I don't like something. So kindly take your childish insults and **** off. ( And yes, I appreciate the irony of my using a childish insult. )

Where did I directly say it was aimed at you? And fanboy? Lawl, hell no, just because OP needs a good dub, which it deserves and the fans deserve does in no way make me a fan boy and lol @ me being told to **** off on the internet, OH HOW HURT I AM. Fair enough on not liking something, but I know most of the anime fans here all are weaboos who prefer their "Japanese" voices and are all anti-dub.

Tasker said:
Just where did I mention that I didn't appreciate their effort?

You didn't, and I neither aimed that insult DIRECTLY at you either. ;/

Tasker said:
I said it sounded too similar to the ADV and Funimation DVDs that I own, I know from experience that a lot of the voice actors they're using have a varied range.
Luci Christian and Chris Sabat I'll agree on on the voice range thing, but everyone else is fine.

Tasker said:
but in that clip they seem to just be using their generic anime voices.
Elabourate on "generic anime voices" Considering Eiichiro Oda the CREATOR of One Piece approved of these voices used.

Tasker said:
Maybe it's time they invested in new voice talent, as whenever I hear those voices I always think of specific characters.
Maybe they should just hire the Japanese VAs and make them learn English, M I RITE!?

Lupus Inu said:
I know most of the anime fans here all are weaboos who prefer their "Japanese" voices and are all anti-dub.

There is different between preferring to watch something in its original language and being anti-dub. Also, I don't like what you suggesting by throwing around phrases like "weaboos" and "anti-dub", in fact, it smacks of insecurity. Please knock it off and quit antagonizing people the moment they say something that is out of wack with your opinion. Frankly, I'm bothered by this word "weaboo" since it's being used to DEGRADE people who share an interest in Japanese culture. Kindly drop the HIP INTERNET CATCH PHRASES when posting on this forum, they better serve the brain-deads on the prepubescent forums they originated on.

Paul said:
Lupus Inu said:
I know most of the anime fans here all are weaboos who prefer their "Japanese" voices and are all anti-dub.

There is different between preferring to watch something in its original language and being anti-dub. Also, I don't like what you suggesting by throwing around phrases like "weaboos" and "anti-dub", in fact, it smacks of insecurity. Please knock it off and quit antagonizing people the moment they say something that is out of wack with your opinion. Frankly, I'm bothered by this word "weaboo" since it's being used to DEGRADE people who share an interest in Japanese culture. Kindly drop the HIP INTERNET CATCH PHRASES when posting on this forum, they better serve the brain-deads on the prepubescent forums they originated on.

I totally understand where Lupus Inu is coming from. Okay, maybe he's gone a bit too far, but people who insult and put dubs down soley because they are not in Japanese really irk and frustrate me. I love Japan, I want to go there, I've got my name down for a degree in Japanese in DCU (in Dublin) next year. But, I like watching my anime dubbed.

Anime scripts are most definately not Shakespeare or anything even remotely close to being as accomplished as that. So, translating anime is not a big deal. It doesn't lose anything important or necessary to the enjoyment of the show in translation. Also, do anime fans that are anti-dub (I know you don't care for that word, Paul and it doesn't really fit you, but you can't deny it does fit an awful lot of anime fans on the internet) think that they are watching the anime in Japanese or something? The people that bash dubs because they aren't Japanese are most likely watching anime subtitled. You know, subtitles that translate the show into English.

CitizenGeek said:
Anime scripts are most definately not Shakepeare or anything even remotely close to being as accomplished as that. So, translating anime is not a big deal. It doesn't lose anything important or necessary to the enjoyment of the show in translation. Also, do anime fans that are anti-dub (I know you don't care for that word, Paul and it doesn't really fit you, but you can't deny it does fit an awful lot of anime fans on the internet) think that they are watching the anime in Japanese or something? The people that bash dubs because they aren't Japanese are most likely watching anime subtitled. You know, subtitles that translate the show into English.

I get what you are saying, but i think that when people watch it in subtitles, yes we do watch it with english subtitles which translate what they are saying, but its the fact that the voices are in japanese which people prefer. I like several dubs, but i prefer the japanese voice cast on many an occasion because the voices suit the characters more(my opinion), and i think thats what people who are against the dub mean.

As for this, i think it could work, Usopp seems to be good, so does nami, but i think Luffy may take a little getting used to.

Back