Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

I've bought my little brother Bioshock 2 and Little Big Planet 2 for Christmas. I'm excited. Why? Because every game I want to buy him he ends up seeing and buys/want to buy himself. These, he hasn't wanted yet but I know he'll like then and it's just cause he hasn't thought about them :)

I want to get him Lost Planet 3 too as he likes playing 2 with my BF but that's a bit out of budget for me.

Also, he and my BF have been playing Doom and Doom 2 a fair bit. I got in on the Doom 2 action with them both on Saturday. Despite the graphics, it's an entertaining game :)

-Danielle- said:
Also, he and my BF have been playing Doom and Doom 2 a fair bit. I got in on the Doom 2 action with them both on Saturday. Despite the graphics, it's an entertaining game :)

Doom is amazing, one of the first things I did when I recently got a PS3 was purchasing the Classic Complete set (which includes DOOM, DOOM II (+ New Campaign 'No Rest for the Living' and Master Levels) and Final DOOM. Virtually every major DOOM before the third one.) and ahh just gotta love the music. The film was okay but didn't have that Doom atmosphere (except for the BFG gun).

Ah yeah think thats the one my brother has that we've been playing. My first attempt at it I was all "aaaah too inferior, I cannot control it!" lol. But now I enjoy it. It's getting harder as we go on though! One level peed me off to know end. Some stupid horned thing and basically where you revive or whatever, half the time he shot me dead as soon as i'd revive. DID MY NUT IN! lol.

Episode 4 'Thy Flesh Consumed' of DOOM is very tough on single player but does have a neat easter egg related to Nine Inch Nails (because the vocalist supported the music for some of the id games especially Quake).

Just realised my PSN in the OP is very out of date - That's an old account I don't use any more, my new one is ayase-uk if anyone with the ability would mind updating it. Just tell me who you are on AUKN when sending a friend request.

Definitely up for some GTA V action (Rockstar social club ID is ayase.uk), just seem to be having a lot of connection problems recently for some reason.

NormanicGrav said:
Episode 4 'Thy Flesh Consumed' of DOOM is very tough on single player but does have a neat easter egg related to Nine Inch Nails (because the vocalist supported the music for some of the id games especially Quake).

OMG please tell me where the NIN easter egg is as I LOVE NIN! Never knew that about Trent though, I'm bad :(

-Danielle- said:
NormanicGrav said:

OMG please tell me where the NIN easter egg is as I LOVE NIN! Never knew that about Trent though, I'm bad :(

It's not an epic secret but it's nice to see something like it in a classic game.

Located in Mission 1 via Red door room. Be aware that you can get trapped with tough enemies in that room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this thread still updating to add new PSN ID? If so, add me to that list of psn id's. My PSN ID is xStarryuta. Feel free to add

Online/Coop games:
Uncharted 3 GotY edition
Little big planet 1,2 and karting
GTA IV
Saints Row: The third
Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn
Dead or Alive 5 and Ultimate
DJ Hero
Hunted: The demons Forge
Mortal Kombat
Blazblue Calamity Trigger
Arcana Heart 3

Oooo, someone else who has DOA5U. May have to offer you a challenge. I'll update the front page quickly as well for ya.

EDIT: Welp, after noticing how long it's been since we put PSNs on there, i took the time to go back through the last few pages and add others up. If i missed you, throw something at me and i'll add you on there.

Arbalest said:
If i missed you, throw something at me and i'll add you on there.

You can add me if you want, I'd probably won't be able to get a stable connection til I return home at the end of the Uni semester (Xmas Holidays). PSN ID is the same as my AUKNews Username.

Mine is benniboi566. I have sent out some invites already to some people on here. I have a fair games each we can play online together so let me know!

Fifa 13
Blazblue Contiumum Shift Extend
Grand Theft Auto 5
Mortal Kombat
Motral Kombat vs Dc Universe
Persona 4 Arena
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur 4 and 5
Super Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter x Tekken
Tekken 6 and Tag Tourament 2
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Viruta Fighter 5
Dead or Alive 5
WWE 13
Assassian Creed 2 , Brotherhood and 3

Not sure if I've already posted this, but I finally have a PS3. My PSN ID is Joshawott_27. I-it's not l-like I want you to add me or anything...

Also, random question - would anyone recommend the Hyperdimension Neptunia series?

Joshawott said:
Not sure if I've already posted this, but I finally have a PS3. My PSN ID is Joshawott_27. I-it's not l-like I want you to add me or anything...

Also, random question - would anyone recommend the Hyperdimension Neptunia series?

I've played a bit of the first one, it's very fun but the whole health mechanic is a bit strange. They did change it for the later titles however.

Hey :)

I've just got the PS3 so I can play the Neptunia games (among other games)... Just waiting for it to turn up in the post lol

My PSN is AnimeMouse if anyone feels the need to add me :)

I'll post after I've played the game for a bit... planning on getting the other two after :D

Anyway...
Any good multi player games that are anime related worth getting for the PS3?

:D

The only anime related multiplayer games I can think of for the PS3 are the fighting games lol

Persona 4 Arena
Arcana Heart 3
Blazblue
Naruto Ninja Storm
One Piece: Pirate Warriors

There might be a few more on the PSN store. Hope this helps MouseUK :)
Will recommend Persona 4 Arena and Blazblue though since I haven't played the others.

Rena Ryuugu said:
The only anime related multiplayer games I can think of for the PS3 are the fighting games lol

Persona 4 Arena
Arcana Heart 3
Blazblue
Naruto Ninja Storm
One Piece: Pirate Warriors

There might be a few more on the PSN store. Hope this helps MouseUK :)
Will recommend Persona 4 Arena and Blazblue though since I haven't played the others.

Thanks for your response,
I've got Arcana Heart 3, its pretty hard to get use to but I need to put some more time into it I guess, reading up on it I really need to practice the combo side of it.
I will pick up Persona 4 Arena at some point, it looks good so thanks for the recommendations :)

Currently playing HyperDimensional Neptunia and enjoying it... Need more time to play more games :p

You're welcome, happy to help out :)

I played some Arcana Heart 3, and yup it definitely takes some getting use to, especially since I prefer when the commands are like SSF4 lol

I have got Hyperdimension Neptunia in my backlog, I will eventually get round to playing it :)

XSEED will be releasing Akiba's Trip 2 in North America for PS3 and PS Vita as Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed this summer in both physical and digital formats.

Back