Nintendo Wii

I'll be getting one at some point for the front room, that's what it seems to be aimed at.

However, that will be when it's actually got a catalogue of games with some available cheap, I'm done with coughing up top dollar for machine and games, only to be lumbered with dodgy first-generation software which gets completely laughed-on by the second generation.

At least Ninty have a tentative grip on reality when it comes to pricing, though they can still dream on if they think I'm paying £40 for a video game. Sony and M$.. £50 each... I point, I laugh.

wiimiiql3.png

Now I am happy.

Correction: I may get one, depending on the reception of the new charades control system and whether or not Nintendo can gather more than a drop of third-party support.

I've just traded-in my GC (which I got about 3 months ago) having been profoundly underwhelmed by Nintendo's 'world-beater' games, so I'm looking at the likes of Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxies with unconvinced eyes.

i got a call from GAME on wednesday, they said that if i go in soon enough and go ask for a pre-order for the wii, i can get one before christmas garanteed, so i shall be doing so soon

Plan B, gone for the Wii so I can play the backlog of GC games and new Wii games. Got Limited Edition Zelda: Windwaker sitting next to me from ebay and managed to get into the 7min pre-order window on Amazon.co.uk, just gotta shop around for a GC controller and memory card.

Xelis said:
Plan B, gone for the Wii so I can play the backlog of GC games and new Wii games. Got Limited Edition Zelda: Windwaker sitting next to me from ebay and managed to get into the 7min pre-order window on Amazon.co.uk, just gotta shop around for a GC controller and memory card.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that when someone at work told me about the 7-min thing :?

I have pre ordered a Wii on play but i noticed they put the price of games up so im not happy about that as i ordered it at £32.99 a game and now they are charging £37.99 a game i thought if you ordered it at a price they couldnt increase it cos its happened to me in the past where i pre ordered early and saved £15 on single games before.

I wont be getting a PS3, graphics arnt better than PS2 unless you have a HD TV i dont and its a rip off i wont be getting on till they are less than £200 at the earliest.

ShopTo.net are selling Wii games at £32.99 with free next day delivery if you order before 5:30pm.

The service is great too...they even text you when they post your order!

Oh dear, there's less Wiis in the UK than expected, apparently. A lot less. Good luck to everyone with their Wii ventures!

Back