New to Anime

AnimeNewbz

Completely Average High School Student
I am totally new to Anime just started watching it at 34 threw watching one of Tim thetatmans streams were they was on about demon slayer and can say I am now invested.
Is there anymore along the same lines as demon slayer? Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I absolutely love demon slayer.

No doubt other members will have tons of recommendations for your consideration.

I would like to recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist, Seraph of the End, all series of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, Neon Genesis Evangelion, My Hero Academia, Hunter x Hunter, Jujutsu Kaisen and Black Clover.

Last edited:
Demon Slayer is new and phenomenally well animated so please look kindly on the older titles we come up with :)

If you liked the animation style, the same studio has worked on a lot of great-looking shows. Fate/Zero was my favourite, it's a prequel to another (less good IMO - controversial opinion!) series but can stand on its own. They also put out a movie series called Garden of Sinners which has some gorgeous set pieces.
If you liked the historical fantasy setting with elements of tragedy, To Your Eternity was a recent hit and even though hardly anybody watched it, I thought that the recent remake of Dororo on Amazon Prime was great.
If you liked the action, I second the recommendations above, especially Fullmetal Alchemist (there are two versions as it received a complete remake a few years back; Brotherhood is the newer and better of the two in my opinion!)
If you liked Zenitsu and Inosuke bickering, well, there are a ton of anime comedies out there!

What are your interests outside of anime? That might help us narrow the pool of suggestions down a little! As would knowing which streaming services you have access to and whether you have a strong preference for English dubbed or subtitled :)

R

Demon Slayer is new and phenomenally well animated so please look kindly on the older titles we come up with :)

If you liked the animation style, the same studio has worked on a lot of great-looking shows. Fate/Zero was my favourite, it's a prequel to another (less good IMO - controversial opinion!) series but can stand on its own. They also put out a movie series called Garden of Sinners which has some gorgeous set pieces.
If you liked the historical fantasy setting with elements of tragedy, To Your Eternity was a recent hit and even though hardly anybody watched it, I thought that the recent remake of Dororo on Amazon Prime was great.
If you liked the action, I second the recommendations above, especially Fullmetal Alchemist (there are two versions as it received a complete remake a few years back; Brotherhood is the newer and better of the two in my opinion!)
If you liked Zenitsu and Inosuke bickering, well, there are a ton of anime comedies out there!

What are your interests outside of anime? That might help us narrow the pool of suggestions down a little! As would knowing which streaming services you have access to and whether you have a strong preference for English dubbed or subtitled :)

R
I only have Netflix and Amazon prime but if you can recommend a service that has better access to anime that would be good.
Intrest outside of anime are gaming and history

Welcome to the forum!

There was a thread made a while back which may be useful to you if you’re looking for recommendations based on genre.

Here's a leftfield one for history buffs (and gamers if you've played Ghost of Tsushima):
Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion. Not the best ever, but had some good action and is set during the same period and place as Ghost of Tsushima.
Other historical/action anime, not mentioned above, include Samurai Shamploo and Golden Kamuy. A couple of films I would say Ninja Scroll and Sword of the Stranger.
Another historical/action show a bit closer to home (I'm guessing you're from these islands) is Vinland Saga set during the period of Vikings rulers of England.

Just started attack on Titan currently on episode 12.
It's really good and I like how the storyline is very emotionally charged.

Back