22896708_500x500_1.jpg

Rideback: The Complete Series Collection
(RRP: £24.99)

18571443_500x500_1.jpg

The Melancholy Of Haruhi-Chan Suzumiya & Nyoron! Churuya-san Collection 2
(RRP: £17.99)

91%2BOBwixYlL._AA500_.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny Complete Series (RRP: £29.99)
Naruto Shippuden Volume 7 (RRP: £24.99)
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (RRP: £19.99)

One on order, one I have no interest in and one I already got from R1. I lusted after the House of Five Leaves discs at Expo but will patiently wait for the postman to bring it.

R

Rideback is on its way. House of Five Leaves may have been but I'm finding it hard to justify paying for sub-only DVDs what I'd pay for Manga's bilingual BDs. Plus the DRRR! subtitle issue has shaken my faith in Beez, who somehow manage to avoid being called out on anything while Manga take endless flak.

I'm grumpy this morning :p

I've no knowledge of House Of Five Leaves, alas.

Rideback LOOKS like my kind of show... but it also looks like I might struggle with it. The mention of ballet is what puts me off.

Beez gave english gurren lagann what the hell is going on................ they should dub then sell, but sometimes subs can be good with only japanese. but it was a good thing gurren lagann was done in english.

thank you beez for gurren lagann but dame you for only your resently done subs

Um guys, they're doing sub-only because this is a niche show nobody will buy which hasn't been released with a dub in America or Australia at all. I appreciate that if you are a diehard dub fan it's useless to you, but dubs cost tens of thousands of pounds to make and this is going to sell about 100 copies in this country. Let's be realistic ;P

If people want more dubs, get more people buying anime (in general - I'm not saying buy sub-only if you hate subs for example) so the companies have enough cash to fund them. With the level of people who actually buy things so low it's just not always financially viable for anything that isn't going to be a massive hit.

Would appreciate any comments those lucky creatures who got theirs already have on the sub quality as people have rightly pointed out some errors on past releases, though I'm keeping my preorder regardless.

R

@RUI id like to make asuggestion

you know how we have a thread that tells us which animes have cuts in them well how about we make a thread that tells us *what animes thats been released over here but hasn't been dubbed yet*
good idea right

I'm not sure that would really warrant a whole thread (there are so few series here that are sub-only I could probably count them on my fingers) but you could always make a point about it in the weekly release threads if you're not sure. The online stores are usually pretty good about saying which languages are on a particular DVD, and it's overwhelmingly bilingual releases with the odd sub-only set or dub-only coaster popping up.

(Personal biased tone deliberate and not entirely serious ;p)

In general for new releases, if it's Manga it's very unlikely ever to be sub-only. They're hardcore about pursuing dubs.

R

Rui said:
I'm not sure that would really warrant a whole thread (there are so few series here that are sub-only I could probably count them on my fingers) but you could always make a point about it in the weekly release threads if you're not sure. The online stores are usually pretty good about saying which languages are on a particular DVD, and it's overwhelmingly bilingual releases with the odd sub-only set or dub-only coaster popping up.

(Personal biased tone deliberate and not entirely serious ;p)

In general for new releases, if it's Manga it's very unlikely ever to be sub-only. They're hardcore about pursuing dubs.

R

so sue me it was only a suggestion ^_^ lol

what about series that has a season 2 and so on that didn't get released over here

Back