New Anime Releases - 21/12/2014

Kabuki, Garden of Sinners and Watamote for me - though they're getting delivered to work so will have to pick them up after XMas hols.

What is everyone's opinion of Garden of Sinners getting a Blu-Ray release in the UK or USA eventually?
I am tempted to pick up, but don't like to double dip.

I think it's very likely. We still need the final film released on BD in a form suitable for those who bought the expensive set in the west, too.

I have the US versions of everything this week (except Garden of Sinners, for which I have the French and Japanese releases ^^; ) so I am not spending any money. They're all good shows, though, and it's a nice BD-heavy selection.

R

If Garden of Sinners did get a BD release, I'd probably end up buying it too. (provided it's in a nice artbox :oops:)

Garden of Sinners is on its way. I'm tempted by Watamote, though.

Kabukimonogatari on BD - received last week.
Have Nise in parts.
Watamote on BD is a definite must have in the near future
Garden Of Sinners ..do very very much want but putting my faith in an eventual BD release.

I cancelled my preorders for this weeks releases so I can avoid the chaos of the christmas postal system, except for Kabuki which I forgot about and is somewhere in the post now. Will get Watamote BD and GoS (happy to double dip if a BD ever appears) in early January. Already got the Nise singles.

black1blade said:
Same. I may even get the import set in the far future, it wont cost more than £250.

You can actually get it from Amazon Japan for £175 with shipping and import fees paid up front all inclusive.
That's why I'm mighty tempted.

Only thing putting me off is the final movie has no subtitles that was released individually. Makes me inclined to wait for a subtitled full set (or even if Aniplex released them separately like Gurren Lagann)

The last film is more like an add on, I don't really consider it part of the full series tbh. I would be up for buying the localised blu ray singles if they where like £15-20 per movie.

Back