New Anime Releases - 08/11/2015

(I've always wanted to say this...) Reviewed Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 3 for the site (hooray!) not too interested in the others.

Danganronpa sounds interesting, but I'm not 100% sure I need a dark version of Assassination Classroom in my life. (Although, I've just googled it and Danganronpa pre-dates AssClass by a couple of year.) People seem to like it though, so maybe I'll check it out at some point.

Danganronpa turned up yesterday . I will rent the Dragon Ball Z Kai now that I know it's out tomorrow put on the list in a minute . I haven't seen the first season of Rozen Maiden yet but I will probably add it to my rental list sometime .

I'm not planning to get any of these, though I might consider Danganronpa at some point in the future. I should really look into Rozen Maiden too but I'm not sure I'll get around to that and while Dragonball does look kind of fun from what I've seen more recently I don't think I'd like it enough to make investing the time and money into it worthwhile.

BanzaiJedi said:
I'll definitely get Rozen Maiden, but it's not on BluRay so it can wait a while.

Same, while I might have the UK DvD's I see no reason to buy a DvD of the third when I know a BD is being held back on us.

On a related note, I can't help but notice we are getting Danganronpa at the same time as the US, how'd they pull that off?

Although when people say 'BD is being held back on us' - let's be real, we'll probably never get it (even if other countries have) - when was the last time we got a BD release from MVM after a DVD release? Bodacious Space Pirates and Samurai Champloo are probably the only recent ones.

Still, I'll be getting the DVD as god knows the UK anime market needs every sale it can get at the moment.

I'll pick up Danganronpa in the not too distant future. I'm holding back on my purchases this month due to MCM spend ending up a little excessive.

DBZ I've got the Funi release. Rozen Maiden is a no from me due to no BR... Although I''ll probably import if a BD turns up somewhere.

Nothing for me. As much as I like the Danganronpa I can't imagine an anime version being even remotely good. DBZ Kai is something I may pick up one day, maybe when it's all out on BD.

Lutga said:
Although when people say 'BD is being held back on us' - let's be real, we'll probably never get it (even if other countries have) - when was the last time we got a BD release from MVM after a DVD release? Bodacious Space Pirates and Samurai Champloo are probably the only recent ones.

Still, I'll be getting the DVD as god knows the UK anime market needs every sale it can get at the moment.

I guess I should of been more specific, I'm waiting for the US BD, I agree that the UK probably won't get it.

Lutga said:
I could be wrong but I think they said they'd be doing a Blu-ray for Maid Sama once they're releasing the complete collection. I guess that could still change but it'd be an example if it happens. Otherwise, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. I believe they did say they're hesitant to go back and upgrade existing releases after Samurai Champloo performed below their expectations.

Back