New ADV titles on Play.com

Noratav

Student Council President
ADV's July and August releases have appeared on Play.com and among them are a couple of new titles and quite a few collections. Utawarerumono and Pani Poni Dash have both been announced previously, but it's the first time we've heard anything about releases of Nurse Witch Komugi and A Tree of Palme.

02/07/2007
Excel Saga Collection - £59.99
Pani Poni Dash vol 1 - £19.99
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World vol 3 - £19.99

16/07/07
Le Chevalier D'Eon vol 2 - £19.99
Slayer Collection - £39.99
Nurse Witch Komugi - £14.99

06/08/2007
A Tree of Palme - £14.99
Elfin Lied Collection - £49.99
Coyote Ragtime Show vol 3 - £19.99
Guyver vol 2 - £19.99

20/08/2007
Utawarerumono vol 1 - £19.99
Last Exile Collection - £69.99
Shadow Skill Vol 2 - £12.99

I'm looking forward to finally seeing A Tree of Palme, also the Last Exile Collection should hopefully snag a few extra anime fans!

...Well, I think the boxset campaigners can stop now. There have been countless over the past few months.

I know a couple of people who will be picking up the Last Exile set.

Also it's Elfen Lied. With an E.

Xelis said:
Utawarerumono, that was quick.

I still think the boxsets are a little too much, Elfen Lied R 1 is like £15.

not sexy region 1 box though ^^

just the crappy mask and metallica rip of font for text

Ryo Chan said:
Xelis said:
Utawarerumono, that was quick.

I still think the boxsets are a little too much, Elfen Lied R 1 is like £15.

not sexy region 1 box though ^^

just the crappy mask and metallica rip of font for text
Got a picture? play.com doesnt have one.

Last exile, yay, but £69.99! wow thats a lot! I had hoped for sub £50. Look at GITS for example. its about £30 for the season...

Edit, just noticed
"Last Excile: The Complete Collection" (Nice spelling)

£55.99 hmm not quite so bad...

Even if the sets do seem expensive they're still a lot cheaper than buying the individual volumes. The prices brings them from about £15 to a tenner each. So it ain't all bad. It's a start anyway.

Yeah this is great news. ADV are FINALLY jumping on the boxset bandwaggon, it's taken them long enough!
I'm guessing these collections are ThinPaks, which is great, I shall be purchasing all of these in due course - along with Beez' wonderous boxsets and MVM's : D

I'm hoping they're thinpaks but i'm expecting them to be like the Hellsing collection that was just released in that style of box.

It was released in a proper artbox!? What!?!? ADV doing REAL artboxes!? What is the world coming to?? Next we'll be seeing them release volume 1 + artboxes :roll:

On a serious note, I'm pretty sure they're not going to be real boxes, as much as we would like them to be, ADV US seem to be trying to get rid of their proper artboxes and collections and go all thinpak for older releases, and Last Exile was from Geneon anyway who released it as a collection in Thinpak form it looks like - although I might be wrong (and hope I'm wrong). It would be quite something if we got the Excel Sage IMperfect collection as well, but I'm really sure it'll be the Thinpak version. With Elfen Lied, it's a 4 volume set so who knows.. if they did Hellsing in a proper box then we might get that, but again I'm pretty sure it'll be the thinpak.

Hellsing was in a brick DVD case, I think they call them M-lock cases. It's just like a normal DVD case but thicker and holds more DVD's. I'm thinking thats what these boxsets will be like since that's what ADV have usually given us in the past. Boogiepop, the original Evangelion set, Hellsing.

Just noticed that they have added some for September like Karau Phantom Memory Vol 1 for the 3/9/07 along with Le Chevalier D'Eon Vol 3 for the 17/9/07 Plus not adv I know but Play have added Berserk Vol 1 for the 3/9/07 didn't know that would be coming out so soon after it was announced :D

Back