Neon Genesis Evangelion Netflix Streaming Launch Date Revealed

I'm assuming Evangelion: Death(true2) is Death and Rebirth, but with Rebirth cut out (it is a bit pointless if you have EoE) and Death extended a bit. Couldn't find too much about it with a search.

I'm assuming Evangelion: Death(true2) is Death and Rebirth, but with Rebirth cut out (it is a bit pointless if you have EoE) and Death extended a bit. Couldn't find too much about it with a search.
Yeah it's just a final version of Death with a few changes made. Both Death and EoE were shown together in their final forms as Revival of Evangelion in JP theatres.

So, I wonder what will happen with Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Will Funimation be able to complete the quadrilogy with their cast, or will Netflix now get the rights and use theirs?

Boy, my decision to upgrade my 1.11 and 2.22 to Blu-ray so they'd match the rest of my collection... really has not aged well.

So, I wonder what will happen with Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Will Funimation be able to complete the quadrilogy with their cast, or will Netflix now get the rights and use theirs?

Boy, my decision to upgrade my 1.11 and 2.22 to Blu-ray so they'd match the rest of my collection... really has not aged well.
Separate licence, shouldn't affect it. Pretty crappy how Netflix have handled the casting though with the original cast only getting auditions after finding out they were taking place and complaining.

I feel Khara doesn’t trust FUNi after the whole dub debacle of 3.33 so I wouldn’t be surprised if they implanted the new dub cast themselves. Also Asuka’s original VA also in the rebuilds doesn’t believe she will be asked back but if is she will accept.

All I care about is a possible home video release on BD. Honestly old dub vs possible new dub and all that I couldn't really care less.

I do doubt Netflix and Khara will sublicense it for home for a while I bet 2/3 years at least. Especially as it seems to be the first anime Netflix are properly promoting.

I think it’s Cos the 90s dub is so 90s dub and not great especially end of Eva’s. Especially as we know what Khara did with 3.33 they probably insisted on complete control as part of the deal.

While I’m not personally bothered by there being a new dub (I mean the old one still exists, right?) it would be nice for people if when it comes to home media it has the option of both old and new, like Akira for example.

I’d hope Netflix/whoever gets to right to home media would consider old dub fans, and it’s not like Neo-ADV is doing anything with that dub while they don’t have the license for the show, so I don’t see why something couldn’t be worked out. I feel like Netflix is pitching this at new viewers who’ve heard of Eva but not been able to see it since it’s been OOP. Old fans are likely to have the DVDs anyway.

Eh, worst case scenario people can rip the English audio off the DVDs and time it to BD rips. If someone hasn’t done that already.

I believe the issue was mainly about casting not so much there being a new dub. Most of the Dragon Ball Z cast got to return for Kai and bring with them the experience they had gained over the years and I prove the performance. The Evangelion cast won't get to do that, at least with the old show.

Were people this pissed in 2009 when half the cast was changed for the rebuilds I feel not, I feel its internet making it seem larger. Im sorry Netflix purpose is to get it to a wider audience if that requires a new dub with a new cast fine. I hope if a home release it keeps the old dub but if Khara hate the dub and cast they wont be coming back the control they have on Eva rightly or wrongly is massive.

I think most of the cast don't fit but then again I think Goku even in Kai is awful. Keeping the same cast is not always the right thing to do.

Yes I can't wait! When this comes out on netflix, I'm properly going to submerge myself into Evangelion for the first time and watch it the right way. Before now I only ever really saw vol. 7 or some such of the VHS release (it was the only volume HMV had in stock and I thought it was better than nothing...) and then later End of Evangelion when it came out on DVD, which left my young mind scared and confused. But I'm now finally ready and raring to go!!

Back