Neo Magazine Forums Closing

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Anime UK News has received word that the forum for NEO magazine is closing down. In a statement, the team state:

Unfortunately, we have to announce that the NEO forum will be closing… (22 February). We are unable to provide technical support for this platform any longer, and encourage you to interact with the magazine by checking out our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/neomagazineuk or our Twitter account at http://twitter.com/NEO_Magazine.

Many thanks for your continued support over the years that the NEO forum has been active.

Neo Magazine is one of the foremost print publications focussing on East Asian media in the UK. It has been running since 2009 and offers anime fans in the west a view on the way the industry works with insight provided by its veteran staff and contributors like Jonathan Clements, David West and Calum Waddell. The annual Neo Awards are also a very popular topic on the forum.

Lawrence said:
Yeah, the Neo awards certainly were a hot topic here, as well.
I think people need to remember that without any real admin support despite the efforts of those who helped keep it ticking over, in time the board would of required technical and admin work that would of cost and NEO had clearly decided that FB as well as Twitter was it's preferred means of engagement to its readers.
I do hope very much people here can be tolerant of those of us who having become homeless, are now joining you all. It's not as though we don't have anything in common. :D

(the former Majorclanger1)

We're more than welcoming of any new members to the forum. We'll keep you all right when you adjust to the new environment, and hopefully a fair few of you will become regulars with decent discussions in tow. Fear not, while most of us look mean, we're nothing of the sort......ish

It's sad when this sort of thing happens, but I can't help, but think it's just the first crack in the hull of a ship that's about to breakup and sink. Sadly I too drifted away from their forum as my interests changed and the info to be had for those changes was already dated there. Indeed I was more contributor to new info than consumer, and the debacle over those awards didn't help. I just renewed my subscription last month as well so I'm hoping the magazine will continue at least until next January.

Yeah tomorrow will be a sad day for us, especially those who have been around a long time.
The Neo crew abandoned us a long time ago, it was literally the forum members who became admins keeping us afloat.
It's nice that we've been able to come over here and be accepted hehe and it's nice that we still get to keep our community and get to expand it now too.
Very happy I can still chat to my friendling beloveds and extremely happy I can now make more friendling beloveds :D

Indeed, I remember being one of the first ten to sign up to the original forum in November 2004 before that was closed and replaced with the now currently dying one.

And now you're stuck with us! :D

MIBlackburn_d6 said:
Indeed, I remember being one of the first ten to sign up to the original forum in November 2004 before that was closed and replaced with the now currently dying one.

Well there is that other place too, you know,,UKAN. :lol:
May I suggest another sticky thread for NEO mag issues somewhere here? To kind of fill the void as a sort of depository for whailings and lamentings.

MIBlackburn_d6 said:

You missed one out. There middle one was the phpBB version, the database of which was transferred over to the current vBulletin version so we didn't all need to sign up again, and the existing threads were retained mostly intact. ;)

Sad to hear about the forums closing. I used to post quite a bit on there, but now I to lurk. (I was Soul Reaper Mononoke in case anyone was interested)

Yes it will be sad day tomorrow (been on the current & previous forums) but I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now as there is only so much people can do to keep a forum going without support from above. :(

I met my girlfriend on the Neo Forums. I suppose it's the same feeling other couples get hen the place they met is being torn down, which I guess it is. Sad now.

I'm sure they said we had it until the 22nd i.e today would be our last day, not that it wouldn't exist from this date. Booo, I therefore hope CherryLunar makes it here since I don't know if he ever responded to me in the closing thread in the Neo Forum!

MIBlackburn_d6 said:
There's ANN UK as well (kinda), I guess they're the Judean Popular People's Front!
Yeah, but you got to go outside and get your feet wet to go to them. At least the other place is just down the hall across from The Judean Front For National Unity And Liberation.

Back