Naruto: Shippuuden (Hurricane Chronicles)

Well I tried. It's not even a distraction in the background anymore and i've totally given up caring about what happens to any of the characters.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Well I tried. It's not even a distraction in the background anymore and i've totally given up caring about what happens to any of the characters.

How much of the series have you watched?

Outlawstar said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Up to the the fillers on the original run(though I admit I fast forward through a lot of them to get to the good stuff). I tried to watch the fillers but they were just so boring in every way and knowing there was no chance of anything happening between then and the new series made me drop that. I watched the first three of this new series and I just can't be bothered with it.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Outlawstar said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Up to the the fillers on the original run(though I admit I fast forward through a lot of them to get to the good stuff). I tried to watch the fillers but they were just so boring in every way and knowing there was no chance of anything happening between then and the new series made me drop that. I watched the first three of this new series and I just can't be bothered with it.

That is almost the exact way I felt at this stage inthe series.
But seriously it gets so much better and mature.
Maybe you should try watching the next few episodes on youtube and see where you want to go from there.
(Of course if you couldint be bothered just dont)

Outlawstar said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Outlawstar said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

That is almost the exact way I felt at this stage inthe series.
But seriously it gets so much better and mature.
Maybe you should try watching the next few episodes on youtube and see where you want to go from there.
(Of course if you couldint be bothered just dont)

I agree put the pain of the fillers (I liked most of them) behind you and start frsh with Naruto Shippuuden the more mature feeling is well worth it, the characters have lost the round faced cheeky stylisation and gone to the more clean cut mature look. I loved the remake of the Kakashi fight as the starting point, it was a great way to show how they hve grown from the original goof-balls into proper konoha ninjas. I was expecting both Naruto to be ugraded to the next ninja level after he beat kakashi but he is still the lowest level which is a little annoying

End of Shippuuden Spoiler Warning Naruto finally got his date with Sakura, can anyone else say Awwwwwwww

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first episode (1&2) and it didn't offend me as badly as the original Naruto did, so may continue watching it for a bit, but since i didn't get much further than about episode 5 there are a few things i need to know before things might make more sense.
Sasuke who was part of the team, from what i gathered has joined the dark side (? when, why?). Sakura I'm guessing is not happy about this as she was creaming herself over him for the few episodes, Naruto seemed upset from the flashbacks as well. The Old Hokage seems to have gone (?when, how?) replaced by a younger well endowed lady. Only person seeming missing is the shy dark haired one with weird eyes who was creaming herself over Naruto. Only really other question is who are these sandy people? If someone could write a Naruto 101 and the major plot points for all this to make sense would be grateful.

hopeful_monster said:
Watched the first episode (1&2) and it didn't offend me as badly as the original Naruto did, so may continue watching it for a bit, but since i didn't get much further than about episode 5 there are a few things i need to know before things might make more sense.
Sasuke who was part of the team, from what i gathered has joined the dark side (? when, why?). Sakura I'm guessing is not happy about this as she was creaming herself over him for the few episodes, Naruto seemed upset from the flashbacks as well. The Old Hokage seems to have gone (?when, how?) replaced by a younger well endowed lady. Only person seeming missing is the shy dark haired one with weird eyes who was creaming herself over Naruto. Only really other question is who are these sandy people? If someone could write a Naruto 101 and the major plot points for all this to make sense would be grateful.
Think I'm in much the same boat as you - not bothered with any Naruto before now; put off in part by the 100+ episode count and all the talk of filler - just didn't sound like an efficient use of time, so I've been curious as to what all the fuss is about.

This Shippuden business sounding like a short cut way of jumping on the Naruto bandwagon, plus I was attracted by the fact the characters are now that bit older.

So I watched ep.1-4...hasn't made me jump up and down or anything just yet, but it seems entertaining enough and there is indeed some nice animation in that intro ep(s).
I'm now just wonder how much the enjoyement will improve as I get to know more about the characters and the general 'set-up'.

Jimi-Jam said:
hopeful_monster said:
Think I'm in much the same boat as you - not bothered with any Naruto before now; put off in part by the 100+ episode count and all the talk of filler - just didn't sound like an efficient use of time, so I've been curious as to what all the fuss is about.

This Shippuden business sounding like a short cut way of jumping on the Naruto bandwagon, plus I was attracted by the fact the characters are now that bit older.

So I watched ep.1-4...hasn't made me jump up and down or anything just yet, but it seems entertaining enough and there is indeed some nice animation in that intro ep(s).
I'm now just wonder how much the enjoyement will improve as I get to know more about the characters and the general 'set-up'.

Here's a brief timeline - if you don't want to be spoiled about everything in the first series, don't read this.

The third (old man) Hokage was killed by Orochimaru, he was eventually replaced by Tsunade. Years ago Orochimaru was one of the Third's students and because he was conducting strange research into immortality, he got kicked out of Konoha. He comes back for revenge.

During Orochimaru's invasion of Konoha, Naruto faces off against Gaara (the sand guy with red hair). Naruto wins and the battle is all giant monsters and very epic, totally awesome. He makes Gaara see "the light".

Sasuke wants to kill his brother, Itachi, who massacred his whole Uchiha clan (including their parents) and is generally the strongest man alive. Orochimaru wants to use Sasuke and his "sharingan" blood line limit as a container for his soul and since Orochimaru offers Sasuke immense power, he decides to leave Konoha and join the dark side. Naruto tries to stop him and gets the **** kicked out of him (episode 133, the animation is amazing).

Itachi is a member of the mysterious Ataksuki

That's where Naruto part I ends. If you only watched up to like episode 5, you've made a massive error in judging the series. Take a look at episode 19 to see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the first run of the show the very first arc remains the best with me. I'd love to see an edited version of it into a sort of movie removing all the access.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Out of the first run of the show the very first arc remains the best with me. I'd love to see an edited version of it into a sort of movie removing all the access.

Well if you check out some torrent sites fans have cut down the eps so its just the battles without the talking

McIcy said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Well if you check out some torrent sites fans have cut down the eps so its just the battles without the talking
...I'd rather just have the dialogue and character exploration rather than the battles.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
McIcy said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

...I'd rather just have the dialogue and character exploration rather than the battles.

Ah in that case you are screwed

yehey.... I was really curious why Naruto is very popular to many. I started watching it in the last two months and now I know. I love it more than what I expected. I skipped the filler so after 135 went to shippuunden and it was really really really awesome...

The very first part of the first episode will really make us want to know what will happen to the troika... I hope Naruto is extremely strong this time and use his genius surprises into the battle... Let Naruto beat Sasuke this time and Sasuke is really scary there... how much stronger he has become?

I'm sure there will be twist on this story and he might took the picture of them with him before he left Konoha for Orichimaru's power to remind him that he was loved and had great friends that he can't betray or since he's genius, he might be using Orichimaru... something like that... Damn, I have a lot of theories on what might happen.... I know you have your own theories too....

Can't wait for the next episode... Naruto will climb the Anime charts this year... I'm sure....

naya_lulu said:
yehey.... I was really curious why Naruto is very popular to many. I started watching it in the last two months and now I know. I love it more than what I expected. I skipped the filler so after 135 went to shippuunden and it was really really really awesome...

The very first part of the first episode will really make us want to know what will happen to the troika... I hope Naruto is extremely strong this time and use his genius surprises into the battle... Let Naruto beat Sasuke this time and Sasuke is really scary there... how much stronger he has become?

I'm sure there will be twist on this story and he might took the picture of them with him before he left Konoha for Orichimaru's power to remind him that he was loved and had great friends that he can't betray or since he's genius, he might be using Orichimaru... something like that... Damn, I have a lot of theories on what might happen.... I know you have your own theories too....

Can't wait for the next episode... Naruto will climb the Anime charts this year... I'm sure....

WOW, then i'm with you man. Naruto will beat Bleach too this time though. *Peace*

i love bleach as much as naruto... naruto's plot is really something to look forward to especially on part two... the drama scenes will get you carried away.... but anyone who watch bleach and naruto knows that bleach's theme songs are way better than naruto's.....^_^

damn... i was having a drink with my friends last week and they totally ruined naruto for me and told every spoiler i don't wanna know....

Haven't been able to watch this for a few weeks now, thankgod its been on a break as I would have so many episodes backed up, at the moment I am stuck before the Gaara 1 hour special, but will be watching it this week and I can't wait

loved the special episode this week.... i can even stand the all the flash backs.... can't wait for next week... bleach was also good...

Finally got round to watching eps 6-9 and brilliant, was hoping for a bit of a naruto punch up but getting to see Kankuro's scroll ability was well worth the wait, I just wish we had gotten to see more of the giant gator like puppet.

Bring on future eps, I really wanna see what happens next, and I wanna know who the hump back guys target is, as I don't think he is after Naruto although I could be wrong.

With the whole BLEACH and NARUTO thing; its strange for me. I really want to like BLEACH much more than NARUTO but i just cant. i just have feeling for the NARUTO characters and know the story and what has happened so. . .much better. i think my problem with BLEACH is that i didn't watch it whilst the Filler's were airing and they apparently had some key information in them.
Although the rescue arc before the fillers really got me hooked and i loved it more than NARUTO then.

I look forward to NARUTO and BLEACH i just watch; I want it the other way round

This weeks Shippuden was Meh. at least Team Katashi are now actually getting some where.

The anime is seriously trying not to catch up to the manga for a long. . .time, everything seems to be happening so slowly.

Back