Naruto: Shippuuden (Hurricane Chronicles)

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Japan — Current local time: 5:47 PM on Thursday, February 15

Naruto: Shippuuden

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=7293

Not long to wait now... For anyone who doesn't know, Shippuuden begins after a two year time jump in the Naruto universe. It will be the first non-filler material for a very long time. And the first episode will be a one-hour special.

I've just created this thread to say this: "YAYYYYYY!!!!". That is all! Can't wait to see the new series... Anyone else as excited?

I am really excited also.
I've watched the opening and ending song for it now, can say i'm very impressed, i guess i thought it would be better for the new series, i really liked the last OP/ED of the filler, but i guess it will probably grow on me, they often do.
I think it really has almost been a two year gap with all the filler, maybe they just made us watch all that filler for authenticity, lol

I'm desperately trying not to watch it until there's a few more episodes been aired- I like watching mine in bulk lots. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, though.

It's about time, too >.>;

From what I've seen of blog screen caps, the filler is just Konohamaru being a bit more grown up. Either way I'm loving the animation and mood in the OP and ED, though the songs are fairly disappointing. Needs more Asian Kung-Fu Generation.

Indeed, the opening is still good though, but there's always next time, for the more intense arc which AKFG would be awesome for.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized they're both rap-esque songs. ._.

Who wants to place bets that when the fansubs come out, the torrents' leechers will hit half a million? There's been a lot of people waiting entirely too long for this.

All I can say is, it better be worth the wait.

Paul said:
Needs more Asian Kung-Fu Generation.
Agreed, lol.
The spoiler they put at the beginning is just about the only bit of the manga i've read (well most of it), exciting, but still i can't help being annoyed...spoilt the bit about Sasuke being able to see inside Naruto now.
I started off as a Sasuke fan girl, and while i have to appreciate his new supreme bishiness, i can't help really starting to hate him.

Other than that i really enjoyed the first (double) episode, i would have liked it to be another hour long. I was hoping to see some more of the characters though

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw Hurricane Chronicles, when are Jetix gonna show more of the first series? I'm sick to bloody death of the f'in 'Chunin exams' that they seem to have on constant loop. :x

I even got that piddled off, I bought the first 11 books of the manga to find out what happened next. lol :roll:

I forgot how damn awesome Naruto is when it gets serious. These first two episodes are brilliant, the new soundtrack is wonderful too; dramatic, epic and even a little nostalgic. It just looks and sounds all grown up. After this and Mushishi, composer Toshio Masuda is fast becoming my favourite anime soundtrack-er.

There is an overwhelming sense of mythology and fate sweeping through the show now, for better or worse, the characters are growing up and fulfilling their potential - suddenly realizing Gaara had become the Kazekage of the Sand Village set against him striding a-top that building looking over his village was a great moment. The Sasuke meeting/Kyuubi scene was particularly good too, approaching theatrical levels of animation; you could cut the tension with a knife, while Naruto returning to Konoha and meeting with all his old buddies provided a massive injection of feel-good nostalgia and inane cuteness (Sakura is still borderline psychopathic).

Then there is the Akatsuki couple - especially the fat one, dragging himself across the sand, slowly walking through the desert, approaching the Sand Village; just two of them against an entire army - you know they are good; combined with the gigantic Star Wars influenced soundtrack building, swooning and chanting in the background, this scene was distilled, liquid awesome.

All in all, a more than welcome return to form. Riveting from start to finish. A big time pay off episode. And I just let of a lot of steam.

End fan-boy mode.

T'was good.

Good things with this:
Good opening with fluid animation
Animation is well... awesome.
Solid OST.

Bad things:
Showing future events, boo. [It's for the Sasuke fans tbh.]

I believe you'll be suprised with things to come, but they better not drag out the major fight. >__<

If they didn't show Sasuke and the whole Kyuubi section, there would be no real sense of overriding purpose. Not to mention Sasuke hasn't even been mentioned for over a year in the anime - they clearly needed to quickly recap his character and Naruto's quest for his return (though surely by now he's realized it's pointless? Sasuke clearly doesn't want to return.)

They should've just had Junko Takeuchi do a monologue for Naruto and him still wanting to find Sasuke, instead of showing everything with Sai and Yamato and it's got to be obvious Naruto still wants Sasuke back as he is Naruto's "friend". Sasuke really doesn't know what he wants. ._.

Back