Name anime series that has stopped and continued

Animefreak17

Godhand
I was wondering about which series that have stopped and continued,'for e.g

Look at guyver it started and ended with 12 eps and years later was recreated with 26 eps. I'm actually waiting for them to continue the anime fir this series and I think they will one day.

And full metal alchemists brotherhood was made closely to the manga the second time it was made.

Now there making the berserk films

I hear there stopping the anime to bleach and I hope one day it will return

Which anime series do you want to continue or is going to continued in he future

Reborn, before ending I had read that it was taking a break due to catching up to the Manga. Needless to say, I hope that is true though I believe it's more of the case of them expecting it to be picked up in the US and it didn't. :(

Guyver was basically a reboot while FMA was a 2nd go sticking to the Manga.

What they might do with Bleach is basically continue it several years after the momentum stopped.

I'm sure there's lots of reboots but I don't know if any series has stopped and then re-started before.

Rosencrantz said:
Guyver was basically a reboot while FMA was a 2nd go sticking to the Manga.

What they might do with Bleach is basically continue it several years after the momentum stopped.

I'm sure there's lots of reboots but I don't know if any series has stopped and then re-started before.

reboots then

While it's not a reboot per say, Unlimited Blade Works did adapt another story route from Fate/Stay Night.

AnimeFreak17: Good luck with Guyver continuing, they have plenty manga material to go on with but I doubt they'll continue it.

Though I would love to see the next arc animated, seeing Gigantic Dark and Agito acting like the stuckup jerk he really is...Also seeing Guyver Gigantic Exceed going toe to toe with the Dragon Zoalord...that would be an awesome fight.

Also Gundam SEED is sort of a remake of the original 0079 with initial concept though it widely diverges in places.

Shin Mazinger again is a sorta reboot/retelling of the original Mazinger Z

Lastly, Birdy the Mighty is actually a reboot of an much earlier OVA series

Last edited by a moderator:
*RAGE* gundam seed I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it you piece of a s*** rip off of wing.

My sister loves fruits basket and so do I hope they reboot that

Blue gender the movie was s***

Oh, if you count things I would like to see rebooted, then I want a new, 26 ep Lunar Legend Tsukihime anime...or a series of movies, ideally animated by UFOtable, after the great work they did on Kara no Kyoukai :)

Well if you class movies as reboots then there's many more. Like in the gundam franchise, the original three movies (no proper storyline changes really), the Zeta movies (Complete with changed ending) the 0083 compilation movie. I could go on forever like this.

BlackWolf said:
Oh, if you count things I would like to see rebooted, then I want a new, 26 ep Lunar Legend Tsukihime anime...or a series of movies, ideally animated by UFOtable, after the great work they did on Kara no Kyoukai :)
Get out of my Mind!
Only ones that come to mind for me are the bubblegum crisis series and the appleseed movies. But saying that I say give it another 10 years and about half of the big popular shows or films out now will have had a reboot or remake made for them. Cash cow baby cash cow.

If a movie reboot of a series is done right then maybe.

To be honest I have high hopes for the berserk films and I tell there going to be awesome. I really hope they go past the last ep that bit was sooooo freaking awesome

animefreak17 said:
If a movie reboot of a series is done right then maybe.
Wait, a grammatically correct sentence... which begins with a capital and ends with a full stop?

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ANIMEFREAK17!?

This is my way of complimenting your improvement. Keep it up.

For many years I hoped for a TV adaptation of 3x3 Eyes since the OVAs only cover the first 5 of 40 manga volumes (and not entirely satisfactorily at that), but it never happened and never will. It's even more galling that the same author's vastly inferior Blue Seed (yes, Rui, you know it's true) did get a TV series. GRUMBLE!

Sailor Moon. There was a live action 'reboot' a few years ago which I loved even if it was aimed for kids. Now there's going the be a new anime series for 2013.

Also, Vampire Princess Miyu had the OVAs in the late 80's and then the TV series in the late 90's. Both go over her past at somepoint but in very different ways (I prefer the OVA in that respect).

Back