MyM Magazine

Grabbed my copy and just having a flick through before I start work; Haruhi article is pretty good, but the 5th member of the group is Itsuki Koizumi, not Noizumi. :p

VoxPhantom said:
Grabbed my copy and just having a flick through before I start work; Haruhi article is pretty good, but the 5th member of the group is Itsuki Koizumi, not Noizumi. :p

Thanks for spotting that. I think I spelt it right elsewhere in the article however.

I know I complained like crazy about the first few issues, but this has really turned into a nice magazine. The screwups and questionable features are gone, and everything else just seems...better. I don't think it's better or worse than Neo...they've both got their plusses.

I grinned like a fool when I saw they'd quoted one of my posts too. ;D

Looking forward to picking up the mag tomorrow.

I meant to post in here earlier regarding your volume 2 review of The Flowers of Evil, Ian. I'm glad that looking at the manga as less of a comedy and more of a psychological drama helped improved your view of the series. :)

VoxPhantom said:
Looking forward to picking up the mag tomorrow.

I meant to post in here earlier regarding your volume 2 review of The Flowers of Evil, Ian. I'm glad that looking at the manga as less of a comedy and more of a psychological drama helped improved your view of the series. :)

Glad you liked it. I've decided from now that if I should give a manga a "Miss" rating, I'll review the second volume to see if it improves.

The first volume is never enough to judge a series on, I think. First volumes are basically world building and establishing the characters most of the time, which isn't really a fair representation of the rest of the series.

Ian Wolf said:
Mutsumi said:
MyM blatant product placement in tonight's Trollied on Sky1. :eek:

Are you saying that you saw copies of the magazine in the show?

Yes. Very clearly shown, plus the show is stated to use paid product placements so I thought this was one of them. Leighton is very clearly reading a copy in a scene, showing the cover(s) in good detail. He even talks about something in the magazine making him wish he could be a robot; maybe an article in the magazine was about an anime/game/etc which a robot character in? It was the issue with Lollipop Chainsaw on one cover, and an anime I am unfamiliar with on the other.

Mutsumi said:
Ian Wolf said:
Mutsumi said:
MyM blatant product placement in tonight's Trollied on Sky1. :eek:

Are you saying that you saw copies of the magazine in the show?

Yes. Very clearly shown, plus the show is stated to use paid product placements so I thought this was one of them. Leighton is very clearly reading a copy in a scene, showing the cover(s) in good detail. He even talks about something in the magazine making him wish he could be a robot; maybe an article in the magazine was about an anime/game/etc which a robot character in? It was the issue with Lollipop Chainsaw on one cover, and an anime I am unfamiliar with on the other.

That will be Issue #1. The other thing you didn't recognise was not an anime but a game: Tales of Graces F. Do you have a screenshot of this episode?

I'll have to get a copy, I bought a copy last week for the fist time and I liked it, it coverd a great range of stuff I'm interested in.

I used to be subscribed to Neo for a couple of years, but a few years ago let it end as pretty much everthing I read was old news or I had no interest in. I've bought about 4 copies in 3 years and that was only to read on a train down to Sci-Fi London anime allnighter.

Amon81 said:
I'll have to get a copy, I bought a copy last week for the fist time and I liked it, it coverd a great range of stuff I'm interested in.

I used to be subscribed to Neo for a couple of years, but a few years ago let it end as pretty much everthing I read was old news or I had no interest in. I've bought about 4 copies in 3 years and that was only to read on a train down to Sci-Fi London anime allnighter.

Thank you for your kind words. The next issue is out on Friday.

Muu_Puklip said:
Just out of interest, have you talked to whoever is the editor of MyM nowadays about the Tokyo Toys adverts Ian?

If you want me to try again I could. I doubt anything will change however - print publications need the money and advertising is hard to come by, so if they can't find a willing replacement I doubt anything will change. What is more, as MyM is owned by MCM and TokyoToys also refer to MCM in their ads, giving them advertising, I suspect there will be reluctance.

Back