My-Hime Anime legends Ep 17 Error (Region 2)

coreydbz

Brigade Leader
Is anyone else who owns 'My-Hime Anime Legends Collection' from Beez having problems with episode 17 of the english dub? For me at about 14 min into the episode the audio speeds up and it sounds like there on helium for about 5 seconds then returns to normal, this also makes the video unsync for that time. At first i thought it was just a defective disc but i got a replacement from Amazon.co.uk and it still has the same problem, I've tried on both my dvd player and ps3 with no luck. If anyone else has the same problem please let me know as it may be an error on beez's part.

coreydbz said:
For me at about 14 min into the episode the audio speeds up and it sounds like there on helium for about 5 seconds then returns to normal, this also makes the video unsync for that time. At first i thought it was just a defective disc but i got a replacement from Amazon.co.uk and it still has the same problem, I've tried on both my dvd player and ps3 with no luck.

Something similar happens in Gundam SEED.

it's a real pain. A simple quality control error.

Given the price of anime, I'd really hope these sort of issues could e eradicated. I have a HUGE collection of DVDs, and it always seems to be the anime that suffers worst from production glitches.

coreydbz said:
I guess its beez that screwed up the dvds, and i always wondered why they changed the the name from Mai-Hime to My-Hime

Anyone ever had trouble with non beez dvds? Cos I've only ever seen complains for Gundam stuff, Gurren Lagann etc etc. I'm sure it's not exclusive to beez but the majority seems to be stacked in their "favour" =S And considering it's beez that releases the most expensive stuff (legends aside) it's not really a fair trade off =S Never had a problem with any of my manga releases or ADV or MVM and they're all much cheaper for the most part

Reaper gI said:
Always has been on Bandai's side, TV tokyo only use 舞-HiME

The original fansubs use My-HiME as well

Actually original fansubs used either Mai-hime or Mai-Zhime

@Sparrow, only had trouble with Eureka 7 from Bandai where as Beez DVD issues come atleast once per series

Ryo Chan said:
well they're as big as idiots as bandai then as the title "mai" is clearly a play on the main characters name

Given both professional and unprofessional translators have translated it as "My-HiME" I'd infer that it was a fanboy-ish desire that the name is solely a play on her name.

I'm not versed on that translation nuance I admit but unless you can cite evidence otherwise I think you could infer it was a multi-layered play. As "My" is still phonetically the same as "Mai" - just a different spelling so there's bound to be a reason for that.

Of course I could easily be wrong on this but keep in mind that it still could be a play on the main character's name - just laced with another play too :).

That's just my view on it anyway!

On the audio front I'll check it out, not a great deal I can do about it now but I'll investigate what the cause was at least...

Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
well they're as big as idiots as bandai then as the title "mai" is clearly a play on the main characters name

Given both professional and unprofessional translators have translated it as "My-HiME" I'd infer that it was a fanboy-ish desire that the name is solely a play on her name.

I'm not versed on that translation nuance I admit but unless you can cite evidence otherwise I think you could infer it was a multi-layered play. As "My" is still phonetically the same as "Mai" - just a different spelling so there's bound to be a reason for that.

Of course I could easily be wrong on this but keep in mind that it still could be a play on the main character's name - just laced with another play too :).

That's just my view on it anyway!

On the audio front I'll check it out, not a great deal I can do about it now but I'll investigate what the cause was at least...

Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

MAL has it as Mai-hime, i've always seen it as mai hime, that's enough of a "fanboy" excuse for me to call it that, calling it my-hime, whether it's true translation or not, is to me Americanising it. in which case, why don't they just americanise the whole title and name it "my princess"

and remember, if it's us "fanboys" that keep bandai in a job :D and we prefer the term "otaku"

anyway it's not a rant at you Andrew, Bandai inparticular, or translations but seeing it's my fav anime of all time, it's always annoyed me that it feels for americanised especially when you get a "soft hearted person" like Shizuru talking like she's about to fry up up some cows and play poker with her Texas buddys. Only reason i blame Bandai for this is cause it's them that hired the VA's. the rest of the release is lovely, a free t-shirt, a sexy box. what more can you ask for.

anyway rant over.

Back