My Hero Academia Season 1 smashes its way to the UK this May!

N

NormanicGrav

Just in time for the recent North American release and next month’s Australian release, Universal Pictures have announced plans to release the first season of My Hero Academia on behalf of Funimation for the United Kingdom. Compared to Universal’s previous anime releases (Arslan and Seraph), My Hero Academia will be matching the Funimation limited edition release.

Oh my.. Oh my…. GOODNESS!!

Currently set for May 15th 2017 as a limited edition Blu-ray and DVD combo pack, My Hero Academia will contain all 13 episodes of the show’s first season in both the original Japanese audio with English subtitles as well as the English dub across 2 Blu-ray discs and 3 DVD discs. The English dub itself was also made during the show’s simulcast as part of Funimation’s Broadcast Dub service. Pre-orders (like Amazon) will go live this weekend.

3D-My-Hero-Academia-LE-2-1024x576.png

The on-disc content will match the North American release featuring over three hours of bonus features including Anime Expo, Animefest, Trailers and many more. The limited edition contents is subject to change, but considering the photos given include the same contents as the North American release then it should also include an 88 page artbook with original character art, 48 page notebook signed by All Might, and a Deku figure keychain.

Release specs:

Audio*:
English Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Japanese Dolby TrueHD 2.0

Subtitles:
English (locked)

Disc count:
2 Blu-ray
3 DVD

Region:
B & 2 (DVD format is unknown, likely NTSC)

Japanese licensor:
Toho Animation

On-Disc Extras:
My Hero Academia: Meet the Characters
Inside the Episodes
AnimeFest 2016: Artist Sketches
Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Kenji Nagasaki & Wakana Okamura
Anime Expo 2016: My Hero Academia Panel
Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Christopher R. Sabat & Justin Briner
Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Masahiko Minami
SimulDub Trailer
Textless Opening & Closing Songs
Trailers

Limited Edition exclusive Extras*:
Chipboard artbox
88 page Artbook with original character art
48 page Notebook signed by All Might
Deku figure keychain

*could subject to change

Universal Pictures were speculated to handle the series after the British Board of Film Classification leaked the disc ratings. The show will receive an overall 15 rating with a huge majority of the content at around PG & 12.

My Hero Academia is available to stream over on Crunchyroll in subbed format while also on Funimation for the English dub. Season 2 is also currently being simulcast on both platforms.

Continue reading...

Is it an exact clone of the US funi release?

And maybe we'll get some info now on the whole Universal>Funimation>Anime Limited love triangle now!
I don't know about you but I can't wait to find out who Funi picks as best girl!!!!

Looks good to me, not interested in a keychain or a notebook (I mean, I assume it's like the one that came with AssClass?). Glad they've went with sideloading on this, although I guess it's just a 1-1 copy of tghe US set. Anyway, I'll be picking this up.

Odd pricing if that true, I'd probably shop around you may get it a bit less than £50. Thankfully I have no Interest in MHA

I plan to try MHA soon on FuniNow but that price is way too high when we've had other US CE ports (AssClass & Rage of Bahamut) at £40ish so unless it's around that price i'll wait and for it to drop in price and just watch all of MHA on FuniNow first.

I liked the release formats we got previously for seraph and arslan, so it's a shame they've moved away from them as it was something unique for us in the UK.

Edit - just realised this is a "on behalf of" job, so maybe we'll still get the previous style releases for their own titles.

Back