1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Season 1 smashes its way to the UK this May!

Discussion in 'Anime News & Rumours' started by NormanicGrav, Apr 13, 2017.

1. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Guest

Just in time for the recent North American release and next month’s Australian release, Universal Pictures have announced plans to release the first season of My Hero Academia on behalf of Funimation for the United Kingdom. Compared to Universal’s previous anime releases (Arslan and Seraph), My Hero Academia will be matching the Funimation limited edition release.

Oh my.. Oh my…. GOODNESS!!

Currently set for May 15th 2017 as a limited edition Blu-ray and DVD combo pack, My Hero Academia will contain all 13 episodes of the show’s first season in both the original Japanese audio with English subtitles as well as the English dub across 2 Blu-ray discs and 3 DVD discs. The English dub itself was also made during the show’s simulcast as part of Funimation’s Broadcast Dub service. Pre-orders (like Amazon) will go live this weekend.

[​IMG]

The on-disc content will match the North American release featuring over three hours of bonus features including Anime Expo, Animefest, Trailers and many more. The limited edition contents is subject to change, but considering the photos given include the same contents as the North American release then it should also include an 88 page artbook with original character art, 48 page notebook signed by All Might, and a Deku figure keychain.

Release specs:

Audio*:
    English Dolby TrueHD 5.1
    Japanese Dolby TrueHD 2.0

Subtitles:
    English (locked)

Disc count:
    2 Blu-ray
    3 DVD

Region:
    B & 2 (DVD format is unknown, likely NTSC)

Japanese licensor:
    Toho Animation

On-Disc Extras:
    My Hero Academia: Meet the Characters
    Inside the Episodes
    AnimeFest 2016: Artist Sketches
    Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Kenji Nagasaki & Wakana Okamura
    Anime Expo 2016: My Hero Academia Panel
    Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Christopher R. Sabat & Justin Briner
    Anime Expo 2016: Interview with Masahiko Minami
    SimulDub Trailer
    Textless Opening & Closing Songs
    Trailers

Limited Edition exclusive Extras*:
    Chipboard artbox
    88 page Artbook with original character art
    48 page Notebook signed by All Might
    Deku figure keychain

*could subject to change

Universal Pictures were speculated to handle the series after the British Board of Film Classification leaked the disc ratings. The show will receive an overall 15 rating with a huge majority of the content at around PG & 12.

My Hero Academia is available to stream over on Crunchyroll in subbed format while also on Funimation for the English dub. Season 2 is also currently being simulcast on both platforms.

Continue reading...

Jon O Fun, Watanabe Ken and HWR like this.
  2. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun School Idol

Is it an exact clone of the US funi release?

And maybe we'll get some info now on the whole Universal>Funimation>Anime Limited love triangle now!
    I don't know about you but I can't wait to find out who Funi picks as best girl!!!!

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  3. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Student Council President

Digging that keychain

4. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

Looks good to me, not interested in a keychain or a notebook (I mean, I assume it's like the one that came with AssClass?). Glad they've went with sideloading on this, although I guess it's just a 1-1 copy of tghe US set. Anyway, I'll be picking this up.

5. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun School Idol

Well that escalated quickly! £76.99!!! Even with discount you're looking at £50 - £60.

6. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Dragon Knight

Afraid I don't like My Hero Academia enough for that price.

Jon O Fun likes this.
  7. crashmatt

crashmatt Magical Girl

Odd pricing if that true, I'd probably shop around you may get it a bit less than £50. Thankfully I have no Interest in MHA

8. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

I have a lot of love for MHA, but that price is absurd, even factoring in 20% or so discount via AOL. My cap would be around the £40 mark.

9. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

I plan to try MHA soon on FuniNow but that price is way too high when we've had other US CE ports (AssClass & Rage of Bahamut) at £40ish so unless it's around that price i'll wait and for it to drop in price and just watch all of MHA on FuniNow first.

10. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

Yeah that's a bit much for 13 Episodes tbh, shame as I really like the show but I ain't paying that for it.

11. SnowWolf

SnowWolf Adventurer

I thought it was confirmed through the BBFC there were 3 blu ray discs.

12. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

A bit pricey but I'll probably pick it up, hopefully around the £40 - £50 once discounts are added.

13. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

I'm willing to wait for a better price, even if it doesn't end up coming with so many goodies.

14. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

I liked the release formats we got previously for seraph and arslan, so it's a shame they've moved away from them as it was something unique for us in the UK.

Edit - just realised this is a "on behalf of" job, so maybe we'll still get the previous style releases for their own titles.

Jaysgba likes this.
  15. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

Australias is 5 discs too apparently so probably a CE. 75 AUD so I think ours can drop