MVM's massive boxset special offer

Are they definitely all vol 1 despite a couple saying vol 3 or 4? They all seem to be NTSC, is this the case?

Fantastic deal which ever way you look at it and the second box looks even better, now I just need to work out what to do with the ones I already have.

The Vampire Princess Miyu one has the volume 4 packaging, but the disc itself actually contains volume 1- all the non-movie/OVA discs are volume 1 of their respective series. And the first boxset at least is PAL Region 0.

YEY! the new 2nd pack is finally in my local works shop, will def get it tomorrow. is kinda hard to see though as it looks similar to their lame 50 hrs of action film pack they have.

cornixt said:
Are they definitely all vol 1 despite a couple saying vol 3 or 4? They all seem to be NTSC, is this the case?

Fantastic deal which ever way you look at it and the second box looks even better, now I just need to work out what to do with the ones I already have.

As far as I can tell they're all the first volumes and are all PAL.
A lot of them don't give the volume on the actual disc, but are the right ones when you watch them.

I still can't get over what a bargain this is, I've been waiting to see Texhnolyze, Haibaine-Renmei, Chobits and Gungrave cheap for ages!

Now I've just got to hunt down reduced versions of the other volumes...

Normally I'm not that bothered about textless openings and closings, but I really miss a textless opening for Read Or Die TV.

One thing I have noticed is that the menu screens for Texhnolyze seem to be missing. You can access them, click extras and a bunch of markers appear to choose, but they appear over the main menu screen and you have to guess what each marker leads to. Is this a problem with anyone elses Boulevard budget copy, or a problem with Texhnolyze vol.1 in general?

My Texhnolyze vol 1 (the 'original' R2 release) didn't have that problem- have you tried the disc in another player, I've had discs where the menu won't display properly on one player but it will on another for some unknown reason.

Crap! Serial Experiements Lain doesn't have a 'play all' option! = Bad bad bad!

As you can guess, i just got the second box set. me's very happy for the most part, everything works fine. but why do companies still insist on not putting a 'play all' option in? (Gits sac anyone?)

Unit 0 said:
I have to wait till christmas before I can get my hands on the boxes as my parents won't let me have them until then.

Same here, although I was the one who had to sign for them this morning. :? Doesn't help when the address has "The Works" pasted all over it.

I got the second boxset t'other day and it was the first anime I'd ever bought (with the well recieved recommendations of y'all! 8) ) I'd highly recommend it to any newcomers as it has a bit of everything and it lets you choose which ones are best for you. (Chances are this has all been said already... But ah well)

Gonna buy the 1st boxset soonish too!

I got the second box set yesterday; ROD doesn't seem to work on my PS2 (the menu loads up, but no way of selecting anything). Chobits and Haibane, the only other ones I've treid so far, work fine.

Just a head's up; maybe someone else'll have better luck.

I've got a slight glitch on my copy of serial experiments lain - part way through episode 2 it jumps about 30 seconds forward on the downstairs dvd player and on intervideo, and locks up windows media player.

Not the end of the world, but tis rather annoying. However, i suppose i can't complain too much, unless there are more problems, in which case i will take it back...

MonkeyFunk said:
I got the second box set yesterday; ROD doesn't seem to work on my PS2 (the menu loads up, but no way of selecting anything). Chobits and Haibane, the only other ones I've treid so far, work fine.

Just a head's up; maybe someone else'll have better luck.

ROD works fine with me, so it doesn't seem to be a batch problem.

Just checked Texhnolyze on my Xbox, thanks for the reminder RedXIII, I often have a problem with my crappy old DVD player but forget. Can see the extras menu fine on my Xbox.

Warmaster said:
I've got a slight glitch on my copy of serial experiments lain - part way through episode 2 it jumps about 30 seconds forward on the downstairs dvd player and on intervideo, and locks up windows media player.

Not the end of the world, but tis rather annoying. However, i suppose i can't complain too much, unless there are more problems, in which case i will take it back...

My Lain froze on the second episode as well, but so far everything else has worked fine (Using media player). Can't complain reallly, seeing as it was only £15!

where's my cow? said:
Warmaster said:

My Lain froze on the second episode as well, but so far everything else has worked fine (Using media player). Can't complain reallly, seeing as it was only £15!

indeed. i can actually buy Lain again and i'm still up on this deal!

What colour is the second box? My Works store has loads of the action/comedy/kids boxsets and I haven't been able to find the second boxset in the huge pile. They have completely sold out of the first set.

Back