MVM's massive boxset special offer

Must say while I only have Vampire Princess Miyu out of all the DVD's here, none of the other titles appeal to me enough to even spend £1 on , let alone £15. But it's a nice idea for those who are interested in whats there.

i didnt really want any of the animes on this boxset (ive already got vampire princess miyo and trigun) but at that price this boxset is mine.
i cant belive anyone is really complaning about it, at that price its pratically free.

I would buy it, but I can't be arsed....lol; seriously, My anime purchasing will leave me with more than enough to watch between now and my next delivery, so i'd just be buying it for the hell of it.

i fell into that trap quite a few times over the past week. i've bought Dai Guard V1 and 2, Hellsing V1 and 2 and I think i'll be buying the complete Gasarki series, all because they are dirt cheap.

AH well. I may throw this link to one of my mates; he needs something new to spend his money on(he used to collect Lord of the Rings action figures-the line was recently cancelled), and he has been asking me a lot about my anime and such.

Might go for it for "You're Under Arrest", since I've been interested in seeing what that series is like. Is it best to have watched the rest of the series' and movies before watching these OAV's?

I got it!! My sister just called me to say she found it in Cheltenham, so when she brings it home I will try and take some pics of it for you guys to see.

subedii said:
Might go for it for "You're Under Arrest", since I've been interested in seeing what that series is like. Is it best to have watched the rest of the series' and movies before watching these OAV's?
The OVAs essentially form the first four episodes of the TV series and is included in first of the boxed sets available from AnimEigo in the US.

As far as I recall they are concentrating on live action samurai films and other such stuff. They recently finished, after all of this time, translating and released the final volumes of Urusei Yatsura... They were never a big outfit by any stretch of the imagination and seem to have been somewhat left behind when the big boys entered the game.

I found it in the Exeter shop. they did a good job of hiding it though - it was on the floor behind a table at the back of the shop! but there were a good 8 box sets.

i shall have to wait until saturday... :roll:

definatly on the look out for that one. theres a Works near my college and at home. the only anime ive seen sold there is alarmingly cheap nasty nasty hentai stuff. £1.99 for 1 1/2 hours of pure smut. lovely

Hmm, there's a Works in the town centre I work in. For the purposes of research (and, y'know, being able to watch some of the original BGC :p ) I might pick this up and let you guys know what it's like.

WTF!? There is a part 2 to this fantastic box-set which features even more fantastic anime at the same fantastic price!!

Part 2 includes:

Adventures of Mini-Godessess 1
Haibaine Renmei 1
Chobits 1
Gungrave 1
Serail Experiments Lain 1
Tenchi Muyo 1
Paranoia Agent 1
Tsukihime 1
ROD The TV 1
Texnolize 1

All for £14.99!!! That is an amazing deal!! I must run to the works and buy it now!!

http://www.theworks-art-books-music.com ... xProd=1512

Another Set.

there's yet another anime boxset coming out/already out at the works too, pack 2 contains :
Adventures of Mini Goddess!
Haibane Renmei
Chobits
Gungrave
Serial Experiments Lain
Tenchi Muyo
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Paranoia Agent
R.O.D The TV
Texhnolyze

and is still for the low low fee of £15.
And just when i was feeling guilty from getting the first ten for that!

It took me ages to find them as well Warmaster, they werent anywhere near the other dvds.

I compared the qualities of the normal trigun volume 1 (having just bought it a month a go! :x grumble grumble) and the dvd's play pretty much exactly the same. The only things that are different are the art work on the the outside of the disk which is just blank with basic uniform text spelling out what that particular disk is. The other difference is the outer package which is quite similar to buying a pc game in a budget series. The original dvd front art is shrunk and has a blue border surrounding it, and the back art is done in much the same way, except the bottom quater is missing, probably because of the dvd information, which is replicated in boring generic fashion just underneath. Oh yeah and their all Region 0.

Well the first set of DVD's didn't reall intrest me but the second does. I think i might buy it. I've already seen all of the episodes but owning them would be great.

Back