MVM to release an anime a month from May.

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
They've been on Facebook, teasing about the forthcoming MCM Expo and potential new announcements...

They also pointed out that Neo has reported that from May, they'll be releasing one new anime title a month.

Excellent news!

I hold MVM in pretty high regard. There's a good diversity of titles in their back catalogue - and one hopes that they'll ontinue their practice of keeping their licenses in print.

This is Good News (Well For Most of us anyway)

MVM definitely do have some interesting titles coming up and more additions will only make it even sweeter, also expecting to see some cool firsts for them which I hope goes well for them.

Awesome news. I may not personally own many MVM releases, but I have a huge amount of respect for them. *Hoping one of the announcements is Shana related*.

And damn it June, stop having so many releases I want xD

Titan said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
In related news, Broken Blade has been rated by the BBFC, so hopefully a release isn't too far off.
11th June.
That would be great but the Neo article is dated 7th March and I don't recall any such announcement from MVM. Also, the show is not available for pre-order at Anime-On-Line or anywhere else yet. We shall see!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Titan said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
In related news, Broken Blade has been rated by the BBFC, so hopefully a release isn't too far off.
11th June.
That would be great but the Neo article is dated 7th March and I don't recall any such announcement from MVM. Also, the show is not available for pre-order at Anime-On-Line or anywhere else yet. We shall see!

UP1 have it up for pre-order.

One release a month from May means at least 8 new titles for Christmas and a very empty wallet.

Hoping they pick up Rozen Maiden: Ouverture and Mahoromatic: I'm Home.

AnimeNut said:
One release a month from May means at least 8 new titles for Christmas and a very empty wallet.

Hoping they pick up Rozen Maiden: Ouverture and Mahoromatic: I'm Home.

Is Mahoromatic: I'm Home the OAV that came out a while back way after the series finished it's run?. I don't think it was ever licensed in the US to begin with and I doubt MVM can afford to license a title directly from Japan. Granted I'd love to see some more Mahoromatic (it was one of the earlier anime shows I watched and it left quite the impression on me at the time) but I don't think it would be possible

Invisible Crane said:
Is Mahoromatic: I'm Home the OAV that came out a while back way after the series finished it's run?. I don't think it was ever licensed in the US to begin with and I doubt MVM can afford to license a title directly from Japan. Granted I'd love to see some more Mahoromatic (it was one of the earlier anime shows I watched and it left quite the impression on me at the time) but I don't think it would be possible

Sentai recently picked-up the license for the Mahoromatic: I'm Home the OAV so it's possible they could sub license it from them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... me-special

w00d09 said:
Invisible Crane said:

Sentai recently picked-up the license for the Mahoromatic: I'm Home the OAV so it's possible they could sub license it from them.

Sentai releasing it in July with a dub according to rightstuf.com

AnimeNut said:
w00d09 said:
Invisible Crane said:

Sentai releasing it in July with a dub according to rightstuf.com

Oh right, first I heard of that...though knowing Sentai it's probably gonna be quite expensive (thank goodness for the UK release of Samurai Girls at least price wise)

AnimeNut said:
Note that this one release a month can be box set collections of older titles, as well as different volumes of the same title....

In any case, I have the utmost respect for MVM as I know it's a company that started for love of anime and even though times have been harsh, they are hanging in there.

Back