MVM to release an anime a month from May.

Invisible Crane said:
I doubt MVM can afford to license a title directly from Japan
Other than their stint as distributor for FUNimation a lot of their stuff is licensed directly from Japan. They are the only independent anime company in the UK (Beez was part of Bandai, Kaze is part of Viz, Manga is part of Anchor Bay and has a cozy sub-licensing relationship with FUNimation etc.)

Just Passing Through said:
Broken Blade DVD and Blu-ray now listed on AOL. £19.99 and £25.99 respectively pre-order prices.
2tYti.jpg

Consider it pre-ordered. It's a couple of quid cheaper at UP but I want to support MVM directly for their first Blu-ray release.

Is that Broken Blade a decent series? I haven't really heard much about it, besides seeing the title floating around from time to time. What kind of genre is it?

Ash said:
Is that Broken Blade a decent series? I haven't really heard much about it, besides seeing the title floating around from time to time. What kind of genre is it?
Break Blade is a fantasy/mecha series of films by Production IG/Xebec. Opinion is very mixed on it.

You'll have not heard anything because they're films not TV anime.
Closest comparison with how it got released in Japan is Kara no Kyoukai.

Even then it's not quite a close enough comparison imo. Break Blade was released over such a truncated period of time, and came to home video so quickly, it was more like an old school OVA series that happened to be released in the cinema.

Reaper gI said:
Ash said:
Break Blade is a fantasy/mecha series of films by Production IG/Xebec. Opinion is very mixed on it.

You'll have not heard anything because they're films not TV anime.
Closest comparison with how it got released in Japan is Kara no Kyoukai.

Ah, sorry for the mix up. I figured it was a short series, not a series of films. Either way, I'm not all too interested in Mecha series but i'll look into it and decide whether to buy it at a later date, too many other series begging me to spend money on them right now. Thanks for the reply though!

mangaman74 said:
Didn't AOL say they were running out of Ergo Proxy collections when it was in the deal of the week last?

Yeah they did, but they're/we're onto the very last few copies it seems now with only the ones being sold by MVM themselves left available anywhere (at £40 too I might add)

Got to hand it to MVM, they said the licence expired and would try and get it again if they can, and they managed to do that it seems quite quickly!

Invisible Crane said:
Paradox295 said:
Ergo Proxy collection?

Surely they should have waited for a BluRay...

I dobut MVM can afford to release Blu Rays, especially since Manga UK Blu Rays keep flopping
The upcoming release of Broken Blade is a DVD and Blu-ray release. Considering the website for MVM doesn't state that it is only a DVD release, I guess there is still a chance since if I recall the last time it was deal of the week - they said the license was going out.

Paradox295 said:
Ergo Proxy collection?

Surely they should have waited for a BluRay...

I imagine it will be a few movies/OAVs yet before they'll dip their toes into the world of longer TV shows on expensive blu-rays.

R

Quantum I want, Ergo Proxy I finally completed when it was on sale.

Looks like they're on a roll with the FUNi and ex-Geneon shows now, having got Chobits, Kiddy Grade, Fruits Basket and now Ergo Proxy back.

Back