MVM licenses Patlabor OVA BD/DVD and Linebarrels of Iron DVD

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Following on from that big reveal of Fate/Zero, distributor MVM Entertainment have lifted the lid on another pair of new titles for the UK, both of which will be released later this year.

First of all we have something of an old classic, in the form of the Mobile Police Patlabor: Early Days OVA. This seven-part series from the late 1980s about a team of police officers tooled with mechs is directed by Mamoru Oshii (of Ghost in the Shell fame), and will be coming to both DVD and Blu-Ray here in the UK.

Also announced today is Linebarrels of Iron, GONZO's late 2000s mecha manga adaptation with romantic comedy elements. The series will be coming to the UK on DVD.

from UK Anime Net

Re: MVM licenses Patlabor OVA BD/DVD and Linebarrels of Iron

I was wondering when Linebarrels of Iron was ever going to come out.

I fear my entire street heard the shriek I let out at news of the Patlabor OVAs.

Well done, MVM. You guys done good. You did real good.

Might have to pre order the Patlabor OVA's

If MVM has (or will) license any more of patlabor beyond the OVA, it's likely to only be coming to DVD only as Madman dropped the BD release of the TV series (probably because of what Maiden Japan had to do to get the two slightly different audio tracks to work together (by not putting them together), and that increased the amount of data each episode used along with the number of discs used).

As mentioned in the schedule thread, Linebarrels of Iron has a date of 14th October as a complete series collection.

Patlabor OVAs is 18th November and is priced at £24.99 on Blu-ray and on DVD!

Patlabor is a must buy - especially at that price. I'm liking all this classic anime resurgence. :D

does anyone know if the Linebarrels of Iron release will include the OVA?

Titan said:
does anyone know if the Linebarrels of Iron release will include the OVA?

Very likely,

The funimation release is listed as "Contains episodes 1-24 plus OVAs " runtime 650 minutes on Rightstuf

Madman Ent have it listed as "Contains 26 episodes" runtime 700 mins.

And since we usually use Madman masters for UK releases...

Just to let you know it will - it'll be a 5 disc set, with the fifth disc having the ova's.

Good timing! I was planning to buy the US BDs in September, now I'll wait until the UK edition is out.

Teo

From Facebook

MVM

Movies 1 & 2 were released by Beez a few years back, and by Manga on VHS so chances are we won't be looking into them. The TV series and ova 2 all depends on how well ova 1 sells. 63 episodes between the two is a lot of BBFC costs, not to mention everything else, for an old series.

I am up for some Patlabor. Only seen the movies so far. :thumb:

Rosencrantz said:
Curse you BBFC
Let us withold any pent aggression we may bear towards the BBFC. I happen to know that their head offices are in a very desirable location,* so it is only to be expected that they demand opulent revenues to cover their operating costs.

*Said offices are in Soho, ironically only a stone's throw from many of the vices the BBFC protect our eyes from.

And there's nothing for, say, doing the TV over PSN or Itunes like some of the Noizumi stuff?

Isn't the BBFC taking over online content as well at some point?

Back