MVM have two new licenses, and they are...

A couple of Facebook posts of interest...

From MVM

We were planning to release them in April/May but have decided to keep them for a summer release. We will reveal them soon don't worry.

and from Manga regarding Heaven's Lost Property

‎2 answers for you: A UK release is 99% likely this year.

Manga UK But I can't tell you who will be releasing it. And secondly, the reason those US Blu-ray releases are packaged in Amaray (DVD) cases is because Best Buy has bugger all Blu-ray racking.

They can't tell us who is releasing it, implies that it won't be Manga, and going through the extensive list of other anime distributors in the UK...

This may take some time...

So it's likely to assume that MVM have Heaven's Lost Property? After all, if Kaze have it wouldn't MangaUK be shouting it out through megaphone? Unless a new player has silently joined the market...

Also, they can't comment on the Ace Attorney movie as it hasn't even been released in Japan yet, despite Takashi Miike saying that the film will be released internationally *pouts*

Invisible Crane said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, it's been a solid month and no announcement. Yeap. Brilliant business plan there, MVM. I can't wait to not give you money for shows you won't sell to me.

It's right up there with Manga's Dragonball shenanigans. At least there was a fart of an announcement with them. MVM just about blue-balled everyone here.

From the makers of "Sailor Moon nearly bankrupted us" and "Screw you, guy, no More YuYu Hakousho until we get on CITV (or something)", comes "What new years announcement?" The story of a company that focuses on the exporting of japanese animation and the idiots that have not one clue how to run it.

Are you ever going to quit your whining and bitching about anime companies?...seriously it's getting old now, we get it you hate the UK anime market, I think you've drilled it into our heads for too long now

Lol =P is it me or is Conan slowly becoming the new Aion? (whatever happened to him anyways?)

I think Conan has always been Conan. Nobody else quite has his brand of endless and passionate rage down pat.

Aion was banned, hence his absence.

Manga were saying last night that they were the only UK anime company on Twitter, so it could just be a trick to confuse us. HLP would suit MVM though.

R

Yeah, as much as Conan's attitude can grate at times, I think that is going a little far. ^^;

I also think they should have picked a more inherently interesting series than SoraOto to play this weird game with.

Of course it would be a) Only one series and b) Heaven's lost property. I would be somewhat more vexed but at this point I honestly don't care.

Invisible Crane said:
Are you ever going to quit your whining and bitching about anime companies?...seriously it's getting old now, we get it you hate the UK anime market, I think you've drilled it into our heads for too long now
I'll quit "bitching" when the distributors who have a hand in the UK anime market stop acting like up and out idiots or get shut down by their parent companies in Japan because heaven forbid anyone pay the logical price-point for a season boxset.

And in a world where someone printed an advert for Dragonball Z only to pretend they have never heard of the show, Inazuma Eleven only got one month's airtime at a frankly stupid timeslot and someone else screwed around for a month promising a big announcement of two shows only for rumours of one show which has the potential to be great but wastes all that energy with giving underwear sentience.

But no, Grant, we are supposed to be grateful we get utterly screwed around at a near constant rate. We should dart to the defence of Jerome as he's calling us idiots and flinging DVDs for the cool cool crime of sexism. We should be grateful that Bandai Japan are giving us the opportunity to buy their dvds which have less content for frankly trumped up prices.

Yeah. Grant, you keep being grateful for all that and I'll keep "Whining and bitching" and we'll see who gets where when.

Rui said:
Manga were saying last night that they were the only UK anime company on Twitter, so it could just be a trick to confuse us. HLP would suit MVM though. R
Remember who said that, Rui. Jerome's probably so deluded at this point that he thinks he can bend time and space by typing it on Twitter.

Edit: Now that I say that, that would make a pretty awesome episode of Black Mirror. WHERE IS THE NUMBER OF CHARLIE BROOKER!?

It's not just HLP (if it even is that at all), since we had some contradictory clues from the funky triangle mascot. I think it is Broken Blade and then something else (which might be HLP, but...Jerome).

R

Kyaku said:
Perhaps Beez are planning on releasing HLP in some sort of surprise revival, with an official announcement at the May expo.
We've got more chance of Jesus and Quetzucotal fighting each other in a wresling ring.

It'd be AWESOME but yeah, this world is not built on awesome. Not by a long shot.

MikeP said:
Mohawk52 said:
MVM picking up Spice and Wolf put a smile on my face in more ways than one. :wink:

MVM haven't picked up Spice and Wolf. Manga have.

OMG, Spice and Wolf is getting an R2 release? Where did you heard that MangaUK picked it up?

edit: I found it on AOL's list...june 4th is not around the corner:( It is only season 1 and it is a bit pricy for £22.49, considering that we can order the Blu-Ray version for ~£15 from the US.

Mohawk52 said:
MikeP said:
Mohawk52 said:
MVM picking up Spice and Wolf put a smile on my face in more ways than one. :wink:

So is this article incorrect then?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... me-on-line
The online store Anime-on-Line, which is part of the MVM group, has announced several new releases on its anime catalogue here and here. They include a U.K. release for the first series of Spice and Wolf from Manga UK

Joshawott said:
Mohawk52 said:
MikeP said:
Mohawk52 said:

So is this article incorrect then?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... me-on-line
The online store Anime-on-Line, which is part of the MVM group, has announced several new releases on its anime catalogue here and here. They include a U.K. release for the first series of Spice and Wolf from Manga UK
Well I'm not sure how you interpret that, but to me it's saying MVM are selling it for Manga UK.

Okay I get all that, and I really don't care who's got it as long as someone has so I can too, but still the way this has been hyped it's alleging an exclusive deal, is my only point.

Back