UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I'm hoping that we will eventually get releases of the Is the order a rabbit? OVAs 'Dear My Sister' and 'Sing for You'.

'Sing for you' isn't anything important, but 'Dear my sister' is pretty significant with story content. It is an hour long and is about Cocoa going back home for a while to work with her mom and sister in the bakery, something we never saw in the regular seasons.

I’m glad you’re thinking of me. 😜
I guess I don’t have to order a copy myself, then.

Obviously I’ll have to wait a couple of months to watch it, but I have enough others to tide me over.
Oh dear. And there's me earmarking it for a family member. I am SO sorry (not)

This week's DOTW has a weird synopsis, even for an anime:

Skip Beat! follows the story of Kyoko Mogami, a sixteen-year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro Fuwa, but is betrayed by him. Having spent a large part of her childhood at Shotaro's parents' inn, she learned a great deal about hostelry and other such jobs.

Romance? Revenge? Running a hotel? Still, not a bad price for 24 or 26 episodes.

This week's DOTW has a weird synopsis, even for an anime:

Skip Beat! follows the story of Kyoko Mogami, a sixteen-year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro Fuwa, but is betrayed by him. Having spent a large part of her childhood at Shotaro's parents' inn, she learned a great deal about hostelry and other such jobs.

Romance? Revenge? Running a hotel? Still, not a bad price for 24 or 26 episodes.

The synopsis is strange yes but I rate the show highly I'm just sad they didn't adapt the whole 40+ volume long manga that it's based on. It's actually about her breaking into showbiz and the revenge thing. Can't remember where I read it but a review site referred to it as a 90s shoujo that feels like a 70s shoujo and that's in some ways not far off (as in think more Glass Mask, Swan and the works of Riyoko Ikeda, Moto Hagio, etc, than stuff like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket), the dub is also pretty good if perhaps not for everyone :)

The synopsis is strange yes but I rate the show highly I'm just sad they didn't adapt the whole 40+ volume long manga that it's based on. It's actually about her breaking into showbiz and the revenge thing. Can't remember where I read it but a review site referred to it as a 90s shoujo that feels like a 70s shoujo and that's in some ways not far off (as in think more Glass Mask, Swan and the works of Riyoko Ikeda, Moto Hagio, etc, than stuff like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket), the dub is also pretty good if perhaps not for everyone :)
Yehhhh its still ongoing aswell,
Would of loved more to be made aswell. Such a good series

The current deal of the week is Princess Principal on Blu-Ray. It's a really fun little show about spies in a steampunk Victorian London. The English Dub is fun. You get to hear a solid set of core performances and then a bunch of American actors doing British accents of varying degrees of quality and consistency.

Has anyone notices all mvm's blu rays arrive with discs loose in the case? Ordered 6 recently and just recieved them and all of them have loose discs
And one with smashed case!

Last edited:
The current deal of the week is Princess Principal on Blu-Ray. It's a really fun little show about spies in a steampunk Victorian London. The English Dub is fun. You get to hear a solid set of core performances and then a bunch of American actors doing British accents of varying degrees of quality and consistency.
Dunno I felt the English accents were forced, and this is coming from a guy who couldn't stand Mey Rin's English dub voice in Black Butler!

That became a DOTW quick considering it only came out this year. Although I suspect it's being used as a taster to see if people like it they will buy the other seasons (like Aria last year)

Back