UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Which people then can buy if they liked the DOTW, is what was meant I think.

I have the Sentai releases already, except non-stop, but it's a really nice slice of life series.
I assumed they were referring to how MVM had initially licensed Aria season 1 and waited to see how it would sell before licensing the other seasons.

As for Non Non Biyori I have trouble recommending it. The slice of life aspect is great for sure but it gets very creepy around the 10 year old Hotaru. I dropped it halfway through season 1.

I assumed they were referring to how MVM had initially licensed Aria season 1 and waited to see how it would sell before licensing the other seasons.

As for Non Non Biyori I have trouble recommending it. The slice of life aspect is great for sure but it gets very creepy around the 10 year old Hotaru. I dropped it halfway through season 1.
I only used Aria as an example as I knew that got made deal of the week a few months after the release of season 1. Sort of a deal of the 1st season in the hope people like it and invest money in buying the other seasons (as at the time at least season 2 was out with the 3rd season due a couple weeks later).

Maybe MVM will hope the people buying Non Non Biyori S1 at £15 will like the show that they will buy the other seasons at regular price.

I bought it all and haven't watched any of it yet is it rly that bad? :(
I wouldn't worry until you start watching it. Maybe you'll disagree.
I thought I was one of the very few on the forum that was into boobs but Immoral Guild has had more mentions in the bought thread than I expected.
It's really really really dirty. 🥳
Judge it when watching is my thought of the day.
I'm buying it at that price. Mind you I do have 173 shows to finish or watch.

I bought it all and haven't watched any of it yet is it rly that bad? :(
Experiences can vary but for me I found it really creepy. Hotaru is supposed to be around 10 years old but her body is more like that of a high schooler. It wasn't much of an issue until they called attention to it in the beach episode. It just really threw me off is all.

I only used Aria as an example as I knew that got made deal of the week a few months after the release of season 1. Sort of a deal of the 1st season in the hope people like it and invest money in buying the other seasons (as at the time at least season 2 was out with the 3rd season due a couple weeks later).

Maybe MVM will hope the people buying Non Non Biyori S1 at £15 will like the show that they will buy the other seasons at regular price.
There was a lot of excited talk about it earlier this year so I'm surprised it's the DOTW.
Thought it had been a big seller at the regular price.
I'm pretty sure MVM have said before that the series chosen for DOTW aren't based on sales.

I wouldn't worry until you start watching it. Maybe you'll disagree.
I thought I was one of the very few on the forum that was into boobs but Immoral Guild has had more mentions in the bought thread than I expected.
It's really really really dirty. 🥳
Judge it when watching is my thought of the day.
I'm buying it at that price. Mind you I do have 173 shows to finish or watch.

Experiences can vary but for me I found it really creepy. Hotaru is supposed to be around 10 years old but her body is more like that of a high schooler. It wasn't much of an issue until they called attention to it in the beach episode. It just really threw me off is all.

I guess I'll watch and make my own mind up thankyou both for your input :)

There was a girl like that in my class in primary school. Just way ahead of the curve when it came to physical development. It's not unrealistic, but it I guess it boils down to how the story handles it. It may cause some consternation with modern sensibilities, but it's a whole lot more forwardthinking than a real life class of ten and eleven year old boys and girls back in 1984.

There was a girl like that in my class in primary school. Just way ahead of the curve when it came to physical development. It's not unrealistic, but it I guess it boils down to how the story handles it. It may cause some consternation with modern sensibilities, but it's a whole lot more forwardthinking than a real life class of ten and eleven year old boys and girls back in 1984.
Yeah like you say it's not unrealistic but I feel NNB could've handled it better.

On Anime-On-Line today.
Assassin's Pride release date is now January 29th 2024.
That's my money sitting in someone else's bank account for an extra 2 months.
🤬

MVM's DOTW is Vinland Saga (Standard Edition) for £14.99.

I haven't had the time or inclination to start this on netflix, if it's still on.
The first 10 minutes didn't grab me and throw me against the wall. 😀
But at that price I'll put it on the pile and get to it later in the decade.

Any fanservice? Joking.

Back