UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Oh AOL raised their intl shipping rates to £8 for the first item and £5 per item afterwards.

That really sucks, I'll have to reconsider some of my impulse purchases and preorders, possibly just wait till they go on sale. Would have preordered Berserk but I'll just wait till the next AL sale.
Unfortunately the increase only applied ROW due to increased postal charges.

Flying Witch CE Early Bird is up!

Bummed I'm going to miss out on the EB considering it's one of my top ten anime, I can live with paying a bit extra for that reason at the end of the month though.

I don't think there's a huge jump in quality unlike some of the earlier Sentai releases but I'm curious if these are using the 2017 Sentai discs or the re-release 2021 Sentai discs (for Flying Witch)

Just got the email from Anime Ltd for Flying Witch. £44.99 so, even with my member discount, it's cheaper to pre-order it from MVM. I suppose I'd better do just that, so I don't feel left out of the gang. :)

I'm curious about this as well. Hopefully we get the newer discs, although I'm not holding my breath.
MVM's release for Non Non Biyori Season 1 does list 2 discs which implies its the newer discs (the original release was 1 disc), and whilst I have no clue if HENNEKO was the same, there is a good chance that Flying Witch will use the newer discs also.

Even if the discs do end up being the older version, the fact that we have the 2017 CE assets here is promising.

MVM's release for Non Non Biyori Season 1 does list 2 discs which implies its the newer discs (the original release was 1 disc), and whilst I have no clue if HENNEKO was the same, there is a good chance that Flying Witch will use the newer discs also.

Even if the discs do end up being the older version, the fact that we have the 2017 CE assets here is promising.
HENNEKO uses the newer assets too. The review by Just Passing Through states "locked subtitles", which is what the re-release has, compared to the previous release, where they were unlockable.

Can also confirm Non Non is also using the newer discs.

Back