UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Not sure if @Shadow Cat will be completely clear yet on which release this actually is, so we may need to get a few more clarifications posted in here just to be sure, lol... ;)

@Shadow Cat - This is not one of those long-awaited Gundam releases coming out; there are no Gundams in this series. I repeat - There are no Gundams in this series, and no Gundams were injured or killed during the making of this series. 😜

Last edited:

Is this the good Berserk series?

IIRC there is one good and one pretty bad series. Or am I remembering the wrong franchise 😹
Yes it is, not the terrible CGI series, which on top of atrocious animation got rid of like nearly all the English VAs from NYAV post just because Guts' VA Marc Diraison wanted Michael Sinterniklaas to direct it

I was, for a few moments, really excited by the Berserk announcement.

Then I realised I have it. 6 years and haven't watched it yet...

Good to hear that MVM are working with Discotek. Urusei Yatsura would be great, and somewhat fitting given MVM's history with the series, but doesn't seem too likely. FotNS movie would surely be a good seller; franchise is still popular and there's a lot of nostalgia for the film.

I haven't looked through the entirety of Discotek's catalogue but I could see a real possibility that the title MVM are releasing from them would be Ninja Scroll: The Series considering they released the series on DVD as well as it having name recognition from the movie compared to a lot of the lesser known or more niche titles Discotek have released. Interested in whatever the title is though so looking forward to seeing it announced.

When I was recently selling off some anime as well, Ninja Scroll: The Series was one of the titles I did as I want to upgrade to the Discotek release, same with the original Appleseed so I'll wait out until the announcement for the time being.

Kenichi is a possible depending on who has the UK license, it's never as easy as you think.

For some reason I really enjoyed Kenichi, when a show like that normally wouldn't be to my liking. I was very excited when Discotek released that series on Blu-ray, and I snagged both of their sets right away. I did already have the three Funimation DVD releases in my anime collection, but definitely wanted to double-dip for the Discotek Blus. Hopefully you guys will get that one in the UK, eventually - sooner than later!

Last edited:
MVM won't be doing City hunter, far too long and has no previous UK release, so full BBFC costs.
Kenichi is a possible depending on who has the UK license, it's never as easy as you think.
Kenichi was released by Manga, which is now Crunchyroll. However it is a TMS anime, so Crunchy would have to get the liscense from them.

Oh AOL raised their intl shipping rates to £8 for the first item and £5 per item afterwards.

That really sucks, I'll have to reconsider some of my impulse purchases and preorders, possibly just wait till they go on sale. Would have preordered Berserk but I'll just wait till the next AL sale.

Oh AOL raised their intl shipping rates to £8 for the first item and £5 per item afterwards.

That really sucks, I'll have to reconsider some of my impulse purchases and preorders, possibly just wait till they go on sale. Would have preordered Berserk but I'll just wait till the next AL sale.
It's still £3 per item to Ireland, must be either a raise in European or RoW rates.

Lol, that's huge.

Oh well, I'll maybe juat stick to AL sales at this rate. Will keep an eye out on what a normal order costs next time and decide then.

Hmm, flat rate Al doesn't seem that expensive anymore when you order more than 1 thing, or especially during a sale with free international shipping...

AOL has always been £5 shipping per item to the US, at least for the last 3-4 years, so an extra £3 for the first item isn't so bad with shipping prices going up worldwide. I only buy anime from AOL one or two titles at a time anyway, mainly for non-AL Collector's Editions, which are still few and far between (keep working on those, MVM!), so paying £13 instead of £10 for two items isn't a deal breaker. AL Collector's Editions I'll buy in bulk in large orders directly from AtA, but only during their Free International Shipping sales with their Unlimited 15% off codes. I don't ever buy Standard Edition Blu-rays from the UK, as I can get those readily here in the US many months sooner, in my own Region Code A, and without BBFC ratings and Elephant Butt Logos plastered all over them, lol. The whole purpose of me importing UK anime over the last 10 years was specifically to obtain pretty Collector's and Ultimate Edition releases - and digipaks!! - that can't be had over here in the US.

Last edited:
Back