UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Got 2 shipping emails today.
One's for Accel World. Don't ask me what it's about, it was £9.99.

The other confused me as I thought I'd received The Demon Girl Next Door. Fifteen minutes of searching, I found it.

So Arifureta S2 must have shipped. Edit, it is early.
Hurrah. I liked S1.

Last edited:
Got 2 shipping emails today.
One's for Accel World. Don't ask me what it's about, it was £9.99.

The other confused me as I thought I'd received The Demon Girl Next Door. Fifteen minutes of searching, I found it.

So Arifureta S2 must have shipped. Edit, it is early.
Hurrah. I liked S1.
Couldn't stand Shea myself, should've been in a more comedic isekai

It's excellent and the animation is stunning, but it depends on your tolerance for depressing anime as it's not the happiest of shows 😅
Well, that’s me bawling my eyes out again as usual I guess.

Seems like the good stuff tends to be tragedies. And once you reach the end, you search for any sequel or second season and find at most an OVA that doesn’t (and shouldn’t) make things better.
And then there’s the realisation that it’s at least a decade or two old, with nothing more to come. And even most of the material, writer(s), animators, VAs are fading with it, just leaving a little box of recorded emotion you hold in your hands. That you place on the shelf, alongside it‘s fellow digitalised gravestones.

Seems like the good stuff tends to be tragedies. And once you reach the end, you search for any sequel or second season and find at most an OVA that doesn’t (and shouldn’t) make things better.
And then there’s the realisation that it’s at least a decade or two old, with nothing more to come. And even most of the material, writer(s), animators, VAs are fading with it, just leaving a little box of recorded emotion you hold in your hands. That you place on the shelf, alongside it‘s fellow digitalised gravestones.

Very poetic... who wants to play Hungry Hungry Hippos? :)

(I sincerely hope you are ok?)

It's excellent and the animation is stunning, but it depends on your tolerance for depressing anime as it's not the happiest of shows 😅

Land of the Lustrous was my personal favourite show of the last decade, so I'm definitely more than a little biased when it comes to recommending it.

That said, it's not necessarily a tearjerker in the traditional sense of the word. I mean it's certainly sad, especially once you get into post-anime material, but we're not talking about sad piano music, dead parents or romantic misunderstandings. It's more the Nier Automata sense of existential despair; i.e trying to find purposefulness & self-worth in an ambivalent world. The best summary of the show I can think of is "What if the ship of Theseus was sentient?". If that sounds that least a little interesting, it's definitely worth checking out.

MVM finally cancelled my order.

Dear customer
Unfortunately Crunchyroll have pulled Re:Zero Season 2 from release and will no longer be releasing. No official reason was given.
This has been refunded and cancelled.

Oh i kept considering grabbing it from MVM, and when i finally decided to go for it listing was gone, so that helps explain it (well the part why i couldn't buy any more from MVM/ listing gone)

Back