UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Subtitles are working on my end. Is this the same for every episode?
Yes - it's a weird region thing, that only applies to Umaru chan and some Toei series on Crunchyroll: Whilest the series is avaiable all over Europe, English subtitles are actually region-restricted. And as Hidive never bothered translating Umaru chan R in local languages, it's only avaiable Raw. (Hidive offers local translated CR subs for Season 1)

Good on MVM for picking up Aria. I've already spent enough money on that show through Rightstuf's Kickstarter to justify picking it up again, but it's great news for all the people that missed out first time around/don't have multi-region players.

Now we just need Chihayafuru to make its way over here

Wow, just dropping an early bird for 1st season of Aria, and also basically announcing Haibane Renmei on blu-ray too (via twitter)!

Glad I resisted ordering the Aria series from Right Stuf, will definitely be pre-ordering this one, and really hoping the rest of the series follows.

These two kind of blows Anime Limited's "new" releases during their summer sale out of the water, IMO.

I like Haibane Renmei DGMW but tbf I've heard the BD transfer looks awful cuz of bad upscaling so I'm not overly enthused about that one coming to HD if I'm honest, will probably keep my old R1 Geneon DVD singles with box. I agree the series itself is of far more interest/a way better anime than anything AL announced in their summer sale though (apart from WWY but that had several home video releases in the UK already so hardly "new"). But I'm super happy about Aria as I mentioned above already pre-ordered it :)

Now available to order on Amazon:

Aria the Animation (Blu-ray) - 25th October
Berserk (1997) (DVD re-release) - 18th October (similar to Love Hina's re-release, this uses a slimmer DVD case)
Haibane Renmei (Blu-ray) - 13th December
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (Standard Edition Blu-ray) - 8th November
Real Girl (Standard Edition Blu-ray) - 6th December
The Skull Man (DVD) - 15th November

(Disclaimer: Affiliated links)

Why would the UK standard format be in error? Import it if you want the US format.
UK DVD players can play NTSC anyway. The point is that PAL anime means faster episodes which can have quality control issues if done wrong.

Which is why Anime Limited releases DVDs in NTSC because it's the original without any messing around and simply the disc regions swapped from Region 1 to Region 2.

UK DVD players can play NTSC anyway. The point is that PAL anime means faster episodes which can have quality control issues if done wrong.

Which is why Anime Limited releases DVDs in NTSC because it's the original without any messing around and simply the disc regions swapped from Region 1 to Region 2.
Ah I didn't know that UK finally adopted NTSC. Good to know.

Back