UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

The Australian distributor for the Monogatari series was Hanabee, not Madman.
That's correct thanks for information. Though I was trying to refer to both Madman and Hanabee for many of their titles with low quality BDs releases. However I haven't owned any of their newer products so maybe they've improved their production effort? 💭

Is there any particular reason Monogatari’s don’t get CEs or shiny collections apart from Kizu? Seems like it should be one of MVMs bigger titles

Is there any particular reason Monogatari’s don’t get CEs or shiny collections apart from Kizu? Seems like it should be one of MVMs bigger titles
MVM didnt really do collectors editions back when Bake was first released. And maybe it felt like too big a commitment for them. By the time Kizu came out they knew it would sell really well so wasn't a risk to make that trilogy CEs

Is there any particular reason Monogatari’s don’t get CEs or shiny collections apart from Kizu?
If I had to take a guess, I'd put my money on it being because AoA already do that, in in our global world where people import what they want (have you seen how ecstatic Japanese fans writing reviews on Amazon are that they can get Konosuba from AL for what, probably 1/50 of the price they'd have to pay for local releases?) all the megafans probably just import those already, so MVM are going for a more mass-market approach. It's good to have the choice. I'm interested in Monogatari but would never even consider paying AoA prices for it. It's also possible (given what licence agreements can be like) MVM would be forced to charge AoA prices if they wanted to do something similar.

Still glad that at least Kizumonogatari got a CE release. Out of all the Monogatari releases Kizu definitely feels the most CE worthy. I'm just glad that we didn't have to pay AOA prices lol

If I had to take a guess, I'd put my money on it being because AoA already do that, in in our global world where people import what they want (have you seen how ecstatic Japanese fans writing reviews on Amazon are that they can get Konosuba from AL for what, probably 1/50 of the price they'd have to pay for local releases?) all the megafans probably just import those already, so MVM are going for a more mass-market approach. It's good to have the choice. I'm interested in Monogatari but would never even consider paying AoA prices for it. It's also possible (given what licence agreements can be like) MVM would be forced to charge AoA prices if they wanted to do something similar.

If you go on Amazon Japan there seems to be a big market for the French sets, which are sold at three or four times their asking price.

About Paranoia Agent, I don't think it's been mentioned here but in case there are people who don't follow the twitter links, they've stated before and again in this tweet that the CE is close to selling out, so decision time if you're still on the fence.

And in other MVM news, Kotomimonogatari arrived for me today, and while not a complaint, I do miss the reversible covers with the alternative artwork in a black (or white) frame, ten of MVM's single releases of the series I have had that, and I quite liked them, especially the plain black or white spine with only the title, no logos or age certificates.
Anyone else feel the same?

And in other MVM news, Kotomimonogatari arrived for me today, and while not a complaint, I do miss the reversible covers with the alternative artwork in a black (or white) frame, ten of MVM's single releases of the series I have had that, and I quite liked them, especially the plain black or white spine with only the title, no logos or age certificates.
Anyone else feel the same?

Me ;)

It's a bit odd how there's no description or anything on the back either, but I do appreciate the extra artwork.

Me ;)

It's a bit odd how there's no description or anything on the back either, but I do appreciate the extra artwork.
This is how the Aniplex release was, so we had to follow suit. In regards to no description on the back - again that's how the US release was - as this was released in a CE set in the US, the synopsis was on the back of the outer CE.

After the Rain went in the DotW around 4 months after release, happens sometimes, I vaguely recall the MVM rep commenting on here that "they like to mix it up" or something to that effect when someone asked about this before.

After the Rain went in the DotW around 4 months after release, happens sometimes, I vaguely recall the MVM rep commenting on here that "they like to mix it up" or something to that effect when someone asked about this before.
Yeah MVM have hinted quite a few times that the DOTW doesn't really represent how well a series sold. I like to think they leave it to a random number generator lol

Back