UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Damn that's a hefty discount on Danmachi s2! Guessing it didn't sell too well....
I'll pick it up at that price but will most likely trade in when the standard FINALLY arrives (really not a fan of the CE format for this one)

Interestingly, Shobitch was passed with a 16+ by the FSK, but only rejected episode 3. I don't know if they based it on the broadcast masters or the home video masters in this case.
No: Only Ep3, Ep7 (both broadcast masters) and Ep11 (OVA) were submitted.
Ep3 was rejected, Ep7 got a 16, Ep11 got an 18.

As Kazé already licensed several titles with similar target audience, Kazé decided to give preference to those (e.g. B Gata H Kei, My First Girlfriend is a Gal, So, I Can’t Play H!)

No: Only Ep3, Ep7 (both broadcast masters) and Ep11 (OVA) were submitted.
Ep3 was rejected, Ep7 got a 16, Ep11 got an 18.

As Kazé already licensed several titles with similar target audience, Kazé decided to give preference to those (e.g. B Gata H Kei, My First Girlfriend is a Gal, So, I Can’t Play H!)
Whoops, my mistake! Thanks for the correction.

Sorry to double-post, but when I looked on the FSK site, I initially thought that the distributors submitted the whole series, but FSK pulled a BBFC and failed to list every episode, but as you pointed out, @Relaxo, that wasn't the case.

So why was only 3 episodes submitted to the FSK, and not the whole thing? It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

I can't imagine why they would want to ban My Girlfriend is a Shobitch, the content really isn't all that offensive. I guess someone in Germany wasn't a fan not that the show itself appeals to me either. It's funny how it got released uncut in Australia after all.

Sorry to double-post, but when I looked on the FSK site, I initially thought that the distributors submitted the whole series, but FSK pulled a BBFC and failed to list every episode, but as you pointed out, @Relaxo, that wasn't the case.

So why was only 3 episodes submitted to the FSK, and not the whole thing? It just doesn't make a lick of sense.
Just a wild guess, but if you have to pay for each episode of a series to get it rated by the BBFC, maybe they just submitted the most questionable episodes, just to test the waters to see if it was worth releasing?

Just a wild guess, but if you have to pay for each episode of a series to get it rated by the BBFC, maybe they just submitted the most questionable episodes, just to test the waters to see if it was worth releasing?
The 3 episodes of Shobitch was rated by the FSK, not the BBFC. And wouldn't the FSK and the BBFC (and other ratings boards of various countries) be required to submit the entire series (or entire volume, depending on nature of release) for ratings purposes?

But the BBFC has generally failed to list a few things that has been submitted in the past. If anything, and this is still on-topic as it's an MVM release, they currently only list one of the volumes of the earlier release of Paranoia Agent, specifically the one containing the episode "Happy Family Planning", which was cut by the BBFC, but has recently been waived. The BBFC website still hasn't updated their listing to accommodate this.

I don't often say this about an anime series, and I usually like comedic anime (even with rude stuff, like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt), but I absolutely hated Shobitch. Probably my least favourite anime series I've ever watched. The jokes didn't sit well with me at all. If anything, episode 3 had some gags that I felt were a bit too much (I won't go into that), which made me think "I can see why that episode was banned in Germany".

But don't let what I said discourage you from wanting to check it out.

I don't often say this about an anime series, and I usually like comedic anime (even with rude stuff, like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt), but I absolutely hated Shobitch. Probably my least favourite anime series I've ever watched. The jokes didn't sit well with me at all. If anything, episode 3 had some gags that I felt were a bit too much (I won't go into that), which made me think "I can see why that episode was banned in Germany".
You're not alone comrade ✊ This show is straight up trash 🚮 (Bin day today, should just dunk that BD on the double).

I too am a connoisseur of cultured content but this was way beyond unrefined and a tremendous loss of braincells 🧠🔫

Somebody actually wrote this, a production team actually gathered together to discuss and produce this. Let that sink in 👀

But don't let what I said discourage you from wanting to check it out.
Here here ✋ There was this scene on Episode 3 that caught me off guard but that alone couldn't redeem this show. I still burned out by EP 6 😓
View attachment VID_20210508014959.mp4

I'll admit, I think this was one of the fewest moments from the show that I actually had only a brief chuckle to, but not enough to make me laugh out loud.

You're not alone comrade ✊ This show is straight up trash 🚮 (Bin day today, should just dunk that BD on the double).

I too am a connoisseur of cultured content but this was way beyond unrefined and a tremendous loss of braincells 🧠🔫

Somebody actually wrote this, a production team actually gathered together to discuss and produce this. Let that sink in 👀

Here here ✋ There was this scene on Episode 3 that caught me off guard but that alone couldn't redeem this show. I still burned out by EP 6 😓
View attachment 18793
Yeah that clip wasn't even chuckle worthy.

I can't imagine why they would want to ban My Girlfriend is a Shobitch, the content really isn't all that offensive. I guess someone in Germany wasn't a fan not that the show itself appeals to me either. It's funny how it got released uncut in Australia after all.
In Germany, submitting content for streaming is not mandatory - but the publisher decided to submit questionable episode to the FSK, as he wasn't sure if the episodes were against the law or still allowed. It's rumored that an early childhood flashback scene caused the rejection.
Unlike the BBFC the FSK won't hint you which edits would be required to pass.

In Germany, submitting content for streaming is not mandatory - but the publisher decided to submit questionable episode to the FSK, as he wasn't sure if the episodes were against the law or still allowed. It's rumored that an early childhood flashback scene caused the rejection.
Unlike the BBFC the FSK won't hint you which edits would be required to pass.
Interesting. That cleared up some of the confusion. In regards to the rumour about what caused the rejection, I was thinking if it was that particular moment when I saw it on HiDive myself (it was the broadcast version I saw, by the way).

Back