UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

This does not please me.... would've looked perfect next to the Berserk and Champloo ones and they wouldn't even have to design anything just rinse & repeat the Funi release 🤷‍♂️
I'll see what the CE looks like before I make a decision as MVMs can be very hit or miss.
It's not simply a case of "rinse and repeat". There's a lot more involvement - Plus our CE release would be a UK exclusive [assuming all goes well].

Is it worth taking a punt with Devils Line?
This is what I wrote about it after seeing it
Devil's Line
Starts pretty meh but gets much better as it goes along. Interesting mix of vampires and police crime drama. Can be pretty gratuitous but it fits for the world they've created. Also the OVA is the best epsiode by far but unfortunately it won't make sense unless you watch the series first.

I just bought a copy of Land of the Lustrous Blu-ray from forum user Kite (thanks so much Kite!), but otherwise I'd be all over this deal as I absolutely loved this series, the CGI is truly amazing and beautiful, mesmerizing visually and the writing/story characters are excellent. Pure magic IMO, would definitely recommend it :)

I just bought a copy of Land of the Lustrous Blu-ray from forum user Kite (thanks so much Kite!), but otherwise I'd be all over this deal as I absolutely loved this series, the CGI is truly amazing and beautiful, mesmerizing visually and the writing/story characters are excellent. Pure magic IMO, would definitely recommend it :)
Purchased it but haven't seen it. Read some amazing stuff about it on YouTube 😃

Should you pick up Land of the Lustrous from MVM's deal of the week? No. You should have picked it up full-priced, the day it was released, frothing at the mouth, like I did, but if for some crazy reason you didn't, it is your shame-filled chance to atone.

Land of the Lustrous was easily my anime of the last decade, out of a fairly considerable amount of shows. Just be warned the show will likely pushed to to continue with manga, which only piles on the existential dread further. I miss the relatively innocent days of the anime

Back