UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Eh, I want it uncut as much as the next person but "uncut or fail" is a bit extreme. It won't be a failure on MVM's part if the BBFC won't budge. The UK market deserves to have Paranoia Agent in whatever form is legally distributable, as is the case with Andrei Rublev, Heaven's Gate etc. It's only 80 seconds, it's not missing an entire episode like Mobile Suit Gundam. That being said, I wouldn't be surprise if the BBFC waive the cuts now; their most recent comment on the issue seems to emphasise the fact that the decision was taken in 2006, though obviously they're not going to say anything more decisive unless anyone goes to them with cash in hand.

Eh, I want it uncut as much as the next person but "uncut or fail" is a bit extreme. It won't be a failure on MVM's part if the BBFC won't budge. The UK market deserves to have Paranoia Agent in whatever form is legally distributable, as is the case with Andrei Rublev, Heaven's Gate etc. It's only 80 seconds, it's not missing an entire episode like Mobile Suit Gundam. That being said, I wouldn't be surprise if the BBFC waive the cuts now; their most recent comment on the issue seems to emphasise the fact that the decision was taken in 2006, though obviously they're not going to say anything more decisive unless anyone goes to them with cash in hand.
If MVM can sell a cut release and the UK people are okay with that fine, but it's not for me.

I've seen the scene online. Either on Viewster which is where I watched the series or elsewhere. I assume that the vast majority of people buying it would know about the scene and either watch the scene or the entire episode elsewhere if it really bothered them.
But I'm with @Vincentdante, it's an 18 and shouldn't be cut anyway, so hopefully the BBFC see it that way this time.

It would be rather hypocritical of the BBFC to demand the cut again. For instance they awarded Edge of tomorrow a 12 rating, a movie in which a character kills themselves for beneficial reasons on multiple occasions. Heck it's not even mentioned in the BBFC, in their line of reasoning what if a kid saw that movie and thought they could go back in time by killing themselves?

The child seemed to enjoy it and tbh a line where a child can’t enjoy suicide isn’t that end of the world evil some people make it out im just of the school of thought cutting it will put MVM out of pocket both on the cut and the fact most would import and yes it’s an adult based material.
I disagree with this decision more than the one that affected AL/FUNi with Mermaid drive as that one does seem aimed at teenagers while Kon’s audience is strictly adult after all Perfect blue is his magnum opus and I wouldn’t show that to kids.

I can see the collector's edition being a new version of their thin pack rigid box set but with a single Blu-ray case instead.

51ZzZZ1xPHL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I can see the collector's edition being a new version of their thin pack rigid box set but with a single Blu-ray case instead.

51ZzZZ1xPHL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Yeah probably, It will definitely be one of those I hope they show an actual pack shot with contents before release. They kinda have an M.O. of not showing their CE until a few days before release or when there out in the wild. (Looking at you Danmachi 2...)

On the news of uncut I'm pretty sure MVM just went to the BBFC and said 'bro, you passed 13 Reasons Why as an 18 uncut!' 😂

Back