UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

What was the first day of the sale/day 1?

Last Friday I think...

New titles added,

Love Election and Chocolate DVD
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Part 2 DVD
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Complete Collection (12) DVD
Captain Earth Collection (15) DVD
Hidamari Sketch - Season 1 Collection (12) DVD
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Collection (15) DVD
Photo Kano Collection (15) DVD
Sasami-San@Ganbaranai Collection (15) DVD

EDIT

Amagami SS Plus - Season 2 Collection (15) DVD
Busou Shinki: Armored War Goddess Collection (15) DVD
Girls Beyond the Wasteland Collection (12) DVD
RE-KAN! Collection (12) DVD
Serial Experiments Lain Collection (12) DVD
Nurse Witch Komugi R Collection (12) DVD
Norn9 Collection (12) DVD
Matoi the Sacred Slayer Collection (12) DVD
Flip Flappers Collection (12) DVD
Girlish Number Collection (12) DVD

Wow, they're really putting paid to DVD the way Sentai did last year.

Last edited:
Last Friday I think...

New titles added,

Love Election and Chocolate DVD
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Part 2 DVD
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Complete Collection (12) DVD
Captain Earth Collection (15) DVD
Hidamari Sketch - Season 1 Collection (12) DVD
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Collection (15) DVD
Photo Kano Collection (15) DVD
Sasami-San@Ganbaranai Collection (15) DVD

EDIT

Amagami SS Plus - Season 2 Collection (15) DVD
Busou Shinki: Armored War Goddess Collection (15) DVD
Girls Beyond the Wasteland Collection (12) DVD
RE-KAN! Collection (12) DVD
Serial Experiments Lain Collection (12) DVD
Nurse Witch Komugi R Collection (12) DVD
Norn9 Collection (12) DVD
Matoi the Sacred Slayer Collection (12) DVD
Flip Flappers Collection (12) DVD
Girlish Number Collection (12) DVD

Wow, they're really putting paid to DVD the way Sentai did last year.

i'm honestly surprised that people are still buying anime on dvd if it's available on blu-ray in 2020

I'm pretty sure that is now everything that was in a DVD mystery bundle a year ish or so ago (but its possbile i'm mixing some bundles up so I could be wrong)

Curious thing to me is there a few of the DVD releases added today are recent enough, but AFAIK haven't been in a Deal of the Week offer at any time, I'm guessing DVDs won't be a part of DotW for much longer.

And I didn't notice till now that there are no current or future MVM dvd releases scheduled, out of purely idle curiousity anyone know what the last MVM dvd release was?

And I didn't notice till now that there are no current or future MVM dvd releases scheduled, out of purely idle curiousity anyone know what the last MVM dvd release was?

Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly comes out on Monday on DVD
Fate/Zero comes out on DVD on August 3rd as a Complete Collection. So there are new DVDs coming out occasionally. The last new anime series to come out on DVD from them was...

Looks like Grimoire of Zero, March 2019 for a standard following a collector's combi in November 2018

Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly comes out on Monday on DVD
Fate/Zero comes out on DVD on August 3rd as a Complete Collection. So there are new DVDs coming out occasionally.
Ack, I mistook the Lost Butterfly DVD as the standard edition blu-ray, but don't know how I missed Fate/Zero on the pre-releases page, think maybe I need new glasses...

Tyvm though, my curiousity is well & truly satisfied.

I might be mixing my Anime memories up with this one...

Isn't Flip Flappers a weird one to include at such a discounted price soo early on as they had to make their own disks for this release as nobody else bothered

Almost all Anime distributors announced last year that they would discontinue dvd releases in the near future, Manga, Sentai, Nozomi, hell even discotek as they are releaseing in sd-br, it seems that MVM is now going to be rid of every series that has dvd edition even if it were recent. The only one that seems to still being releasing dvds is funimation but even that i don't think will last long

It seems DVDs are just no longer viable to sell in the current market anymore, which makes sense as dvd has been dying out even for regular media let alone in the anime market were the demand is less as i have pretty much buy Blu rays only these days unless there is no bd version for said series.

It seems DVDs are just no longer viable to sell in the current market anymore, which makes sense as dvd has been dying out even for regular media let alone in the anime market were the demand is less as i have pretty much buy Blu rays only these days unless there is no bd version for said series.

It's actually the other way around in the mainstream market. Niche distributors may love Blu-ray, but the big studios are less enamoured of HD home media. For them, the money is in streaming HD content, where they hold onto the IP and the content, and the consumer only pays for a subscription. Companies like Fox and even the BBC will still release new TV shows on DVD, and miss out the Blu-ray altogether. There's no Blu-ray for The Orville for example, and that Matt LeBlanc comedy, Episodes only got its first season on Blu, the rest is DVD only.

The Orville A Star Trek Kinda of show no blu Ray is funny to me as yes all of the Star Treks are on BD my short treks is coming on Monday for example. Fox’s release strategy makes no sense s13-17 or Simpson’s on BD (in US) not anymore It makes no sense. People who buy home media 80% of the time are collectors and want some sort of consistency.
Also 4K is even rarer to get some films deserve it and don’t get them e.g JoJo Rabbit only BD/DVD

Anyone else not get the Ef DVD? I’m a bit sad as I watched the first series years ago and always meant to watch the second.

Well this isn't the only one that this is the case and still a bit more than the sale item that MVM had up, but amazon has a few up via other marketplace sellers for a reasonable price.

But bear in mind it is possible that some of these title from the sale get sold onto CEX as mentioned earlier in the thread, ebay may also see a few of them too, but no idea the prices
Ef tales was SEASON 1 ONLY from amazon £10 (£7 used)
EDIT: £16 for both season from amazon maybe worth checking around with that being the case (Thanks Oldmario), also I would suspect ebay maybe selling some lower than that in a few days or weeks time.

So depends how disappionted you are about missing out, and the fact it could now be close to being considered OOP (for MVM at least)

Last edited:
The Orville A Star Trek Kinda of show no blu Ray is funny to me as yes all of the Star Treks are on BD my short treks is coming on Monday for example. Fox’s release strategy makes no sense s13-17 or Simpson’s on BD (in US) not anymore It makes no sense. People who buy home media 80% of the time are collectors and want some sort of consistency.
Also 4K is even rarer to get some films deserve it and don’t get them e.g JoJo Rabbit only BD/DVD
don't get me started on Fox and blu-ray releases, still waiting for the first half of the futurama movies, it honestly wouldn't be as bad if i could just record it from sky and edit out adverts but BD recorders are and for some reason always have been expensive

Well this isn't the only one that this is the case and still a bit more than the sale item that MVM had up but amazon has a few up via other marketplace sellers for a reasonable price.

But bear in mind it is possible that some of these title from the sale get sold onto CEX as mentioned earlier in the thread, ebay may also see a few of them too, but no idea the prices
Ef tales from amazon £10 (£7 used)

So depends how disappionted you are about missing out, and the fact it could now be close to being considered OOP (for MVM at least)
probably worth mentioning too that both seasons are £15 from the suggested thing below the listing

Well this isn't the only one that this is the case and still a bit more than the sale item that MVM had up, but amazon has a few up via other marketplace sellers for a reasonable price.

Thanks for searching as I hadn’t looked around yet. I may pick it up, just deciding if I want to spend money right now. I can afford it, but really shouldn’t, if you know what I mean. Might be worth it as it’s a good chance it will disappear at decent prices some time fairly soon.

Back