UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

unsurprising news but MVM confirming no plans for a theatrical release of the third Heavens Feel movie. Although them confirming they do not hold the rights for a theatrical screening potentially leaves the possibility that anime ltd could pick it up for a theatrical run?
Outside of festival showings I highly doubt it. So far only the first has seen a theatrical release at Scotland Loves Anime with them skipping the second. I'd keep my expectations very low

Yeah. The current climate doesn't guarantee that the screens would be filled. There is no doubt some would be when the situation allows for large gatherings again, even if warnings are still in place, but it's a risky endeavour right now. At least with home releases they know there is stability there. If anything people will want more stuff to watch at home than ever before if they are stuck there.

Yeah.
However, it is possible that upcoming home video might also be affected.
The German relase of "Date a Live Movie" is postponed due to production delays with the packaging (Steelcase, no standard edition), The German collector's edition for "The Promised Neverland" is also postponed due to production delays for the special items.
(All preorders will be fullfilled as standard edition, with a collector's edition without disc sent later when avaiable)

Disc production seems unaffected, as this takes place in Poland, where numbers are very low.

In Austria, and afaik Italy, all bookstores, electronic stores and entertainment stores have been closed until further notice. Other countries may follow soon. This might impact sales numbers, as only online shopping stays avaiable.

Yeah.
However, it is possible that upcoming home video might also be affected.
The German relase of "Date a Live Movie" is postponed due to production delays with the packaging (Steelcase, no standard edition), The German collector's edition for "The Promised Neverland" is also postponed due to production delays for the special items.
(All preorders will be fullfilled as standard edition, with a collector's edition without disc sent later when avaiable)

Disc production seems unaffected, as this takes place in Poland, where numbers are very low.

In Austria, and afaik Italy, all bookstores, electronic stores and entertainment stores have been closed until further notice. Other countries may follow soon. This might impact sales numbers, as only online shopping stays avaiable.
That’s until the postal service shuts down.

what are the chances of MVM doing proper collections for the whole of monogatari like the second season box set.
I am interested in picking up the series, but the idea of having a season 2 box set (which is incomplete as it doesn’t include hana) then having the singles releases for the first season (bake,Nise and Neko Black) final season and movies isn’t that appealing.

what are the chances of MVM doing proper collections for the whole of monogatari like the second season box set.
I am interested in picking up the series, but the idea of having a season 2 box set (which is incomplete as it doesn’t include hana) then having the singles releases for the first season (bake,Nise and Neko Black) final season and movies isn’t that appealing.
it does have Hana on it, which boxset were you refering to, the UK release from a couple of months ago does.
As far as other boxsets/season sets, it really depends on AoA, since they hold all the cards, if they do, then MVM will probably as well.

The Second Season set does actually include Hanamonogatari so you're safe there.
20200317_190847.jpg
Unfortunately much of this relies on what Aniplex would allow and since they haven't done a complete first season set we likely won't see one for quite some time

It does include Hana

As others have said, Hanamonogatari is included in the Second Season boxset. The most I would expect from First Season is a Nisemonogatari + Neko Black set like the one they have in Japan.

We would love to do a first season collection, preferably that would have Bake, Nise & Neko Black. But alas, as Actionfaust mentioned, if Aniplex don't do one, there isn't much chance for us.

Given that the aniplex individual releases are limited editions and are selling out/not being reprinted surely they will release a standard edition 1ST season as some point in the next year or so? Or am I being naive

Back