UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Well I still have the DVD set they put out so I'm not in a big rush to upgrade assuming stock is good for a couple of months longer now if we could just get the final remaining movie

Strangely, my order of Garden of Sinners BD hasn't been dispatched yet (I didn't receive an e-mail, and it still says "processed" rather than "complete" in the order history), so I'm guessing mine could be dispatched as early as tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced this situation (MVM announcing that a title is shipping early, but their orders don't get dispatched on the same day as the announcement)?

Strangely, my order of Garden of Sinners BD hasn't been dispatched yet (I didn't receive an e-mail, and it still says "processed" rather than "complete" in the order history), so I'm guessing mine could be dispatched as early as tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced this situation (MVM announcing that a title is shipping early, but their orders don't get dispatched on the same day as the announcement)?

Stock doesn't usually arrive until the afternoon so I only had a limited time to get so many out, but all GoS orders have now shipped and orders marked as completed.

£126 is a lot of cash for me to part on something I haven't watched before; although I possess most of Ufotable's other works on Blu-ray. At £70 - 90 I could take a punt on it. Maybe they will have some left in stock after Xmas.

It's a pity that the price had to be raised. Not sure what the circumstances were - less of an incentive to reverse import? - but for £60-70 it'd be fair enough. Pre-ordered it for around £68, aided by MVM's 20% off code, before the price hike. £90 at cheapest from Zavvi to probably package badly is much less enticing, and 20% off £120 on MVM's store if there's another code ain't gonna entice many, either. Going on how overpriced ufotable titles have been before in the US, and that MVM were initially willing to sell cheaper, gonna go out on a limb and assume it isn't their fault, regardless,.

I'm just happy to finally have the 5th movie, in the best quality I can. Unfortunately though, it turns out like many of my favu 2000's anime - Gankutsuou, Bloodlust, etc - it was created digitally at 720p, and upscaled to 1080p. I didn't know this and was hoping the 5th at least being made in 2008 might look sharp. Noticed it looked a little 'fuzzy' straight away, and a quick Google confirmed it: .

The other bummer about KnK in general is that the first movie is the the worst of the lot, with still-panning exposition. It isn't even chronologically the first - that being #2 - and for me the movies only worked as standalones, focused on that-movie-exclusive protagonists. That's why the 3rd and 5th in particular excelled; the 5th also having some wonderful 'show, dun tell' direction with its mindfuck structure and was the first to be proper movie length. But how many people would wait for, or skip to the 3rd and/or 5th movies?. I imagine the vast majority would quit early on, and in doing so miss out on one of very few modern anime film masterpieces in the process... bleugh.

Back